Notices
997 Forum 2005-2012
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

black/terracotta 2 tone...what exterior colors?

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2007, 09:49 PM
sharmat
Pro

Received 7 Likes on 1 Post

The deviated carpeting is a must with terracotta; and the two tone interior is the only way to go with this over bearing color; The back really tones it down.
Old 04-13-2007, 10:30 PM
icruze
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Coochas
You can always replace the standard black/terra seats with bright red ones.
...And remove the rear seats to make room for the subwoofer .
Old 04-13-2007, 10:32 PM
CharlieJr
Burning Brakes

exterior in terracotta "paint to sample" - - edgy can tell you how!
Old 04-13-2007, 11:53 PM
Renn 951
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Atlas Grey!! That's the combo I have on order for my 987S. Not as easy to keep looking clean as a silver car, but still better than any of the black colors.

I agree with the comments on black carpet. I have seen all-Terracotta interiors and they do seem overpowering, but with black dash and black carpet it give a great contrast. I couldn't get the full two-tone combo on the 987S, so I ordered it with deviating black upper dash and deviating black carpet. I don't get a black steering wheel and the black upper door panel, but overall it's pretty close. I also ordered the rear center console in exterior color, which again adds a nice contrast to the interior.

Old 04-14-2007, 12:08 PM
Coochas
Rennlist Member

Received 426 Likes on 221 Posts

Originally Posted by icruze
...And remove the rear seats to make room for the subwoofer .
I thought that was the old shortening the passenger footwell by a foot trick. No?
Old 04-14-2007, 01:03 PM
MMD
Banned

Originally Posted by Dr. G
I was at the dealer last week and they had a black C2S cab with the Black/terracotta interior. It was beautiful - photos do not capture the true color of the terracotta.

Here's the problem - I'm going to be using the car as a daily driver.
Why have a black and beautiful daily driver? Beside your slavery to the black finish, it's just asking for trouble. IMO, it's smarter to "camouflage" the car by getting a grey-ish exterior and a full black interior.

Full black interior means aholes with prying eyes will have a tougher time picking you as a target, and grey-ish, "non-pretentious" exterior gets less immediate attention in isolated parkinglots with key-toting extremists.

Just IMO.
Old 04-14-2007, 01:47 PM
OCBen
Banned

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by MMD
Why have a black and beautiful daily driver? Beside your slavery to the black finish, it's just asking for trouble. IMO, it's smarter to "camouflage" the car by getting a grey-ish exterior and a full black interior.

Full black interior means aholes with prying eyes will have a tougher time picking you as a target, and grey-ish, "non-pretentious" exterior gets less immediate attention in isolated parkinglots with key-toting extremists.

Just IMO.
Not everybody lives in a paranoid world like you, Marcel. Or in an actual environment or downtrodden neighborhood where such vandalism occurs on a daily basis.

But in your case, there may be a reason why you seem to be targeted a lot, and feel the need to get plain, boring "camouflaged" color combinations that will help cut down on the vandalism of your personal property.

You may want to look into that reason.
Old 04-14-2007, 01:57 PM
MMD
Banned

Originally Posted by OCBen
Not everybody lives in a paranoid world like you, Marcel. Or in an actual environment or downtrodden neighborhood where such vandalism occurs on a daily basis.

But in your case, there may be a reason why you seem to be targeted a lot, and feel the need to get plain, boring "camouflaged" color combinations that will help cut down on the vandalism of your personal property.

You may want to look into that reason.

Stick to your rocket science OCBen, your precognitive abilities leave alot to be desired. Nice beeotchy creative writing though.
Old 04-14-2007, 02:02 PM
OCBen
Banned

Originally Posted by MMD
... your precognitive abilities leave alot to be desired...
I see I've pretty much got you pegged to a tee, don't I? Got you nailed down pretty good, huh?

Btw, how was your month long vacation?
Old 04-14-2007, 02:05 PM
MMD
Banned

I see I've pretty much got you pegged to a tee, don't I? Got you nailed down pretty good, huh?

Btw, how was your month long vacation?
Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.
Old 04-14-2007, 02:07 PM
OCBen
Banned

Originally Posted by MMD
Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.
Boring was it?

So what else is new with you?
Old 04-14-2007, 03:00 PM
MMD
Banned

Forum bullys, BMOCs and "tossers" aside, if you're going to use your P-car as a daily driver, lessening the bling factor is probably a good idea.

There are crack addicts and key-wielding misanthrops in every neighborhood (except OCBen's) and the flashier the car, the sooner you may eventually gonna run out of luck. I don't drive my Porsche to certain places; I take an SUV.

So, Dr. G, since you asked for opinions and advice _on CAR_RELATED_matters_ I hope mine helps.
Old 04-15-2007, 02:04 PM
OCBen
Banned

Originally Posted by MMD
There are crack addicts and key-wielding misanthrops in every neighborhood (except OCBen's) and the flashier the car, the sooner you may eventually gonna run out of luck.

Well, I'm glad I don't live in your slum neighborhood, Marcel, 'cuz I sure as hell know there are no crack addicts in mine.
Old 04-15-2007, 02:15 PM
MMD
Banned

Well, I'm glad I don't live in your slum neighborhood, Marcel, 'cuz I sure as hell know there are no crack addicts in mine.
Yeah, riiiiight. You think that way because you've stereotyped drug addicts as having a certain look and race. Niiiice.
Old 04-15-2007, 02:37 PM
OCBen
Banned

Originally Posted by MMD
Yeah, riiiiight. You think that way because you've stereotyped drug addicts as having a certain look and race. Niiiice.
I live in an exclusive guard-gated community.

I don't care what they look like, but I guarantee you, there are no crack addicts here.

Quick Reply: black/terracotta 2 tone...what exterior colors?