Notices
997 Forum 2005-2012
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

After 25,000 miles and 2.5 years of ownership, I would like to air out my two gripes

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2007 | 08:33 AM
PDQ PDK CAYMAN S
Racer

Well, I also have had my car for 2.5 years and just turned 26,000. What a great car! 2 options purchased, Floor Mats and Supple leather.

My two continual gripes. The clock is slow and the front hood latch sometimes releases. Sometimes I think is the key and others just a stiff car over and irregular driveway.
Old 04-06-2007 | 09:39 PM
hlee1169
Pro

Default Tone

Ask your dealer to check your alignment. I also felt my car was skittish after I got it. I took it to the dealer for alignment and found it was out. After alignment the car feels much better.
Old 04-07-2007 | 08:44 AM
Chris from Cali
Race Car

I guess I'm fortunate that I'm not a slave to the caffeinated black beverage, but like some others said, I take pride that my cupholders will NEVER be used (and only bottled water rides in the 997S).

As for the PASM, I don't mind it one bit in the normal setting. I am mostly concerned with the repair cost when those sensors, the dampers, etc. crap out (as they likely will just past the warranty date).

I also think the key is ****e. I have an Audi A3 grocery-getter and my g/f has a VW Golf - both have that VAG flip-key that is so cool/practical/etc. I hate big, pokey things in my pocket...

My last beef - I love the "Sport Mode" throttle map, but I could care less about the stopwatch. I wish I could delete the bump and make that map the default.
Old 04-08-2007 | 12:17 PM
erikjwells
Intermediate

You mean that swinging cup holders isnt a feature?? I'm not too proud to admit that for the first couple of days I watched in horror as my stainless travel mug (closed, with lip facing windshield) proceeded to swing back and forth as I traversed some curves..... thinking to myself... who the hell thought up that damned feature..... (as I tried to wrestle my brain on swinging cup holders)... then my wife got in the car and closed the cover. They do tend to work much better with the cover closed... go figure. <grin>
Old 04-09-2007 | 01:47 PM
Nine9Sixer
Pro

MrBonus: do feel PASM improved at all after the H&R's? btw, love the LM's, almost pulled the trigger on LM's on every single car i've owned in the last several years, including my p-car's.
Old 04-09-2007 | 03:03 PM
MrBonus
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by Nine9Sixer
MrBonus: do feel PASM improved at all after the H&R's? btw, love the LM's, almost pulled the trigger on LM's on every single car i've owned in the last several years, including my p-car's.
The car feels far more responsive at turn-in and better planted, especially after a more aggressive alignment, but it doesn't soak up rough pavement very well at all.

I appreciate the compliments.

Quick Reply: After 25,000 miles and 2.5 years of ownership, I would like to air out my two gripes