Sponsored by:

Your suggestions please

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2007, 04:53 PM
Bob Rouleau

Still plays with cars.
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 256 Likes on 119 Posts

This is off the wall, but go try a Golf GTI. It will surprise you. Amazing value for the money and a blast to drive. IMO more fun to drive than the S4. With a chip intake and exhaust it is a bomb but beautifuly balanced. With 4 snow tires it is even fun in the snow. My son has one and I'd swipe it from him in a second.
Old 04-03-2007, 05:02 PM
Irksome
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I owned and loved a '01 Subaru WRX wagon. Nearly the same size as the sedan, but with practicality (hatchback, fold down seats, hauling those track tires = trivial), and no absurd wing like the current WRX STI.

Fun to drive, fast, AWD, proven ability in bad weather/road conditions.
Old 04-03-2007, 08:19 PM
9974G
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Chris from Cali
The A3 is going to be my g/f's (soon to be fiancee) car. I am considering an A4, but I miss my S4... I am just checking to see if there is a car I haven't owned yet that fits the bill. A 335xi (if there is such a thing) would be pretty cool.

Haven't read through this whole thread...but a 335xi is in the works and from last I heard should be rolling out any day now. Check e90post or bimmerfest for more info.
Old 04-03-2007, 08:40 PM
FlyingLow
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The turbo is AWD. That might do the trick, huh? Kinda goes fast too.

Originally Posted by Chris from Cali
OK, so my g/f is getting rid of her Golf and I'm giving her the A3 for a daily/fun car. I have the Carrera S, but I am ITCHING bad for something else.

So far, I've considered a Cayman, RS4, S4 (to be a little thrifty), and maybe an Evo IX to tide me over until the X comes out. Considering there is snow here and I refuse to drive the 911 in it, all weather ability is a consideration. The Cayman on snow tires would work... The Z06 is out and the Elise/Exige is too small.

Am I overlooking something cool? I'd like to stay in the mid-50s, but I can stretch to 70K (i.e. RS4).

You guys always come up with good ideas, so I'm fishing for them now. Thanks in advance!
Old 04-07-2007, 08:57 AM
Chris from Cali
Race Car

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Thanks for the additional input, guys...

I actually had a Mk V GTI and I loved it. It's what spurred me to get the A3 (same drivetrain).

Quick Reply: Your suggestions please