Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What a nice 'pick up' ...

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2007 | 11:50 PM
Baggerdude
Burning Brakes

Default What a nice 'pick up' ...

Well, I flew to Cleveland yesterday .... spent 2.5 hours with the excellent folks at North Olmsted Porsche ... and then drove my car about 200 miles before spending the night in Cleveland.

Whole deal was pretty neat.

I'd spent most of the time with Chad Online and occasionally on the phone as the time drew near. I was always kept up to date. But, the real deal was when I got there.

Chris picked me up at the airport and spent all the time necessary to show me the car's workings and such. I am really impressed about how much Chris knows about these cars. Can't tell you how much I appreciate his help and knowledge of the 997'. Class act fella all the way 'round.

Jim went thru the satellite radio hooked up through the PCM/nav unit which is waaaay kewl. No one can do this like Jimmy. He's an artist. And the cost was much less than I've seen here on this board for "3rd party hook ups" .... plus, the unit is invisible and seamless. Kewl. Looks 'factory'.

Since so many have seen Chris's photogs of my car, I won't post any now. Car's pretty filthy from the 600 miles of rain and such. We did make 'base' much faster than estimated. Credit the hard wired Valentine 1 that was done by Jim, too. Excellent placement as I specified (to the left of the mirror, and 'switched'). Very stealthy.

Clear bra, paint protection, clear markers .. all done super. These guys know their business. Kudos to everyone there.

The Valentine 1 worked terrific, too. I was not passed much, but when I was .... those folks were pulled over by the PA, NY and MA state police. I got used to honking as I rolled by. Toot, toot mo fo's. But, I admit that with the number of state police out, I was more cautious. I only rolled at about 85ish .... with the roads the way there were (other than the rain soaked ones this AM), I'da cranked more. Car's super stable at speed ... but, tires are noisy bastards. Reminds me of my C5 Vette with the crap run flats. Pretty close on concrete paving vs smooth running tarmac. I did touch 125 mph a coupe times. Using an excuse to pass a series of 18 wheelers ........... zooooooooooooooooooom !

Anyway, the car is beautiful, the folks at North Olmsted Porsche are very professional and kewl. I'm looking forward to my next P-car from them in a couple years.

If anyone wants a Porsche .... call Chad or Chris at NOP. They know the cars, and will give you terrific service and a great deal. They are the best dealership I've dealt with. Period.

Kris and I are runnin' to New Port for lunch manana ..... photogs to follow.

BAGGER (too tired to spell check)
Old 03-24-2007 | 12:24 AM
mglobe
The Penguin King
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Baggerdude
We did make 'base' much faster than estimated. Credit the hard wired Valentine 1 that was done by Jim, too.
Just as predicted!

Congratulations. There's nothing like driving away from the dealership and getting on the highway with a car like that. Hearing this story takes me back to the road trip I had when I picked up my first 997. Makes me want to do it again. Except this one is just fine by me.

Looking forward to the photos.
Old 03-24-2007 | 12:36 AM

Originally Posted by mglobe

Congratulations. There's nothing like driving away from the dealership and getting on the highway with a car like that. Hearing this story takes me back to the road trip I had when I picked up my first 997. Makes me want to do it again. Except this one is just fine by me.

Looking forward to the photos.
+1
Old 03-24-2007 | 02:56 AM
Dr 997
Racer

Love stories like yours. Makes me want to buy another one all over again...
Old 03-24-2007 | 11:43 AM
wetstuff
Pro

Similar expirence - Chris picked me up at the airport, etc..etc.. My first 911 test drive was the 450mi drive home. Thanks guys.
Old 03-24-2007 | 11:58 AM
Coochas
Rennlist Member

Sounds like Bagger's in love.....enjoy!
Old 03-24-2007 | 01:43 PM
cleanme
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Dr 997
Love stories like yours. Makes me want to buy another one all over again...
Hahaha, I was thinking the same! Maybe one day in the Spring I'll leave at 7am and see how farI can get and back again by 7pm! Yeah I still want pictures, dirty or clean!

Sounds like the beginning of a loving relationship
Old 03-26-2007 | 11:05 AM
Likemystoppie?
Banned

Talking BAGGER!

From Bernie, Chad and myself and the entire gang over at Porsche of North Olmsted-

THANK YOU! And welcome to the Porsche of North Olsted family! Enjoy your new C4S in great health!!

Make sure you post LOT's of pictures for the gang here at Rennlist!!

Chris
Old 03-26-2007 | 11:07 AM
Likemystoppie?
Banned

Originally Posted by wetstuff
Similar expirence - Chris picked me up at the airport, etc..etc.. My first 911 test drive was the 450mi drive home. Thanks guys.

Jim- your avatar rocks! Where did you find that picture or did you make it yourself?

I'd love to have a poster of that on my wall!!
Old 03-26-2007 | 11:47 AM
Dariof
Not an Addict?
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Likemystoppie?
Jim- your avatar rocks! Where did you find that picture or did you make it yourself?

I'd love to have a poster of that on my wall!!

Speaking of Avatar's, how far over did you actually go on that bike? Did you manage to get it both wheels on the ground after the angle shown (right side up), or did you go over?

Cool pic...must have been an awesome experience.
Old 03-26-2007 | 12:28 PM
Likemystoppie?
Banned

Originally Posted by Dariof
Speaking of Avatar's, how far over did you actually go on that bike? Did you manage to get it both wheels on the ground after the angle shown (right side up), or did you go over?

Cool pic...must have been an awesome experience.
LOL-

Actually it was very VERY close to going over...I saved it and put her down nicely. But there was a distinct moment where I thought to myself- "This is going to hurt." the funniest part was that THAT bike wasn't mine- It was my buddies Yamaha R1. I ride a Honda RC51.

Quick Reply: What a nice 'pick up' ...