Sponsored by:

Friendly Suggestion

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2007, 12:25 PM
jhbrennan
Rennlist Member

Received 81 Likes on 73 Posts

Originally Posted by OCBen
Batteries are not replaceable under warranty, neither are tires nor brake pads. According to my dealer a typical battery in these cars lasts about two yrs. When I had to replace mine after 3 yrs in my Boxster they told me it lasted longer than average.

If you think your dealer is going to give you a free battery if you can show him surveillance tape evidence showing regular use of a Porsche battery maintainer, then by all means sleep better at night, if that's what it takes. I know that I replaced the battery in my Boxster for less than the price of one of these overpriced Porsche battery maintainers!

I sleep better at night knowing I don't waste money. Just my $40.00 worth.....of savings.

You should be okay, Tony, for up to two weeks, provided you don't leave a radar detector or other battery draining device plugged in.
I think batteries are covered in the warranty book - but you have to have shown "normal" usage - driven 6,000 miles/year. I don't have my book handy but it is in there somewhere.
Old 03-21-2007, 01:56 PM
OCBen
Banned

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by jhbrennan
I think batteries are covered in the warranty book - but you have to have shown "normal" usage - driven 6,000 miles/year. I don't have my book handy but it is in there somewhere.
If so, it might be on a prorated basis, just like Sears Diehard batteries are warranted, as well as those from other manufacturers.
Old 03-22-2007, 01:52 PM
cvazquez
Three Wheelin'

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by jhbrennan
Tubi or PSE synthesizers...unless they draw too many amps.

Bose will start making these in the future.

Quick Reply: Friendly Suggestion