Sponsored by:

Help with Sport Button

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2007, 08:42 AM
skay
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help with Sport Button

Does pushing the Sport Button in X51 cars engage anything other than the sport muffler? I mean does it also remap the throttle response? If yes, is there a way to engage only the sports exhaust when pushing the button? Thanks. Sam
Old 03-14-2007, 10:30 AM
JFScheck
Addict
Rennlist Member

Select the "Sport" button then deselect the "Suspension" button (looks like a shock). You will then stay in sport mode with the neat exhaust and if you have the X-51 - a little differnent throttle mapping.
Old 03-14-2007, 11:32 AM
Edgy01
Poseur
Rennlist Member

Received 235 Likes on 128 Posts

Unfortunately, many things are tied to that button. Of course it remaps the throttoe response,--that is its primary purpose. If you happen to have the PSE (which you must with the X51 option) then the exhaust comes alive at the same time. Frankly, I think they were running out of button locations and didn't want to bother giving us a million different options. I, myself, like the better mapping, but can live withotu the noise at times. I'm working on an electrical solution to that.
Old 03-15-2007, 06:31 AM
skay
Rennlist Member

Thanks guys, I should have added that this is a European 911 with sports suspension (-20mm). I suppose the Sports button turns on PSE and nothing else. Not sure I'm a fan of the throttle remap (perhaps I need to get better used to it), as I'm finding the X51 on it's own offering amazing resposiveness and driveability, mostly it isn't digital

Quick Reply: Help with Sport Button