Sponsored by:

Fog lights don't work. Advice?

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2007, 11:56 AM
jrgordonsenior
Nordschleife Master

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Fog lights don't work. Advice?

All the other lights work including the rear fogs. I checked the fuses (all good) though the owner's manual doesn't list a fuse for the front fogs, but lists 2 for the rears. I changed the front lamps using Hoen's but they're still dead. Any advice short of a trip to the dealer?...
Old 03-11-2007, 01:51 PM
bdmason
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jrgordonsenior
All the other lights work including the rear fogs. I checked the fuses (all good) though the owner's manual doesn't list a fuse for the front fogs, but lists 2 for the rears. I changed the front lamps using Hoen's but they're still dead. Any advice short of a trip to the dealer?...
rear fogs ? there should be only one fog light working in the rear assuming referring to the 2005 997S .(drivers side has the workabe light) I'm not sure if this has anything to do with your problem or if you made a typo, but it is somewhere to start if both rear fogs are working, there might be a short of some sort. PS. I would like to know if both are working.
Old 03-11-2007, 01:54 PM
jrgordonsenior
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by bdmason
rear fogs ? there should be only one fog light working in the rear assuming referring to the 2005 997S .(drivers side has the workabe light) I'm not sure if this has anything to do with your problem or if you made a typo, but it is somewhere to start if both rear fogs are working, there might be a short of some sort. PS. I would like to know if both are working.
No you're right, it's the driver's side rear only....
Old 03-11-2007, 02:46 PM
bdmason
Instructor

I installed the the hoens appearance package and had no problem with it also the city lights(rear license plate lights). Is it on your center console display alert that those 2 lights are out?
Old 03-11-2007, 08:32 PM
jrgordonsenior
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by bdmason
I installed the the hoens appearance package and had no problem with it also the city lights(rear license plate lights). Is it on your center console display alert that those 2 lights are out?
No alerts in the display, I just tested it. I installed the package too though it included the city lights and the side markers not the rear license plate. They all work just fine....
Old 03-11-2007, 11:35 PM
bdmason
Instructor

Mine was the same you misunderstood me. I installed the appearance package (fogs the marker lights that look clear until their illuminated and the city lights )plus the rear city lights(very confusing ) I would think if there is no message there's a malfunction cause I had a burnt parking light bulb and the center display picked it up.

Quick Reply: Fog lights don't work. Advice?