Sponsored by:

Sport Exhaust or no Sport Exhaust?

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2007, 03:25 PM
Sharptt
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Myronm
I take delivery on the C4S on Wednesday and I guess I'll wait and decide on the Exhaust later.

They told me the the PSE switch, maybe because the exhaust was not on the factory order, would share the "sport" switch. The logic being that you would want it in sport mode. I don't like this and would rather is was independent even if the button was not convenient.
The exhaust switch can be utilized separately but is not part of the aftermarket kit part #997.044.200.02 but the tips are included in this package. I believe SunCoast has it on ebay for $1795.00 The switch number is 997.613.131.00 FMH and is around $50.00. An additional cutoff can be spliced in between to over ride the DME input, cutoff, etc.
Definitely try to listen to AWE and Fabspeed before you decide.
Old 03-17-2007, 01:42 AM
JimG
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am pretty close to closing a deal on a 2006 997 c2, the salesman said the cost of PSE installation is prohibitive because you need a new wiring harness. He also said all aftermarket exhausts are too loud. I have not driven a car with aftermarket pipes installed but the clips I heard on you-tube make the AWE awefully tempting.
Old 03-17-2007, 02:59 AM
Circe
Advanced

I was just quoted $3,500 from one dealer and $2,900 from another to install PSE so a word to the wise is - negotiate. Also, it's better to include it in your options list when ordering your new 997 as opposed to installing it after delivery simply because with after delivery installation the warranty is only 2 year/ unlimited mileage as opposed to 4 years. However, on the plus side, your original exhaust sys. is yours to keep, sell or turn into a lovely plant holder.
Old 03-17-2007, 05:07 AM
Dr 997
Racer

Originally Posted by pdalpiaz
Jim
I have the PSE and want to disable the "switch" because I understand that it cuts back to "quiet" below 40 mph and want it "on" all the time anyway. I once saw a post covering how to deal with this but can no longer find it. Any help?
Phil
Here's two solutions:
https://rennlist.com/forums/showthre...&highlight=pse
(look for the orange plug pictures in the middle of the thread)

https://rennlist.com/forums/showthre...&highlight=pse

I tried the orange plug trick in the first thread and no trouble at all for past 4000 miles.

Jimmy

Quick Reply: Sport Exhaust or no Sport Exhaust?