Sponsored by:

dension vs nav-tv

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2007, 12:07 PM
MarkSchu
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default dension vs nav-tv

been following the gateway 500 thread, but can't seem to find if the dension is the preferred device. I am trying to pick one, and can't find any good comparisons.
Old 02-26-2007, 01:33 PM
rlowder@sbcglobal.net
7th Gear

I have the Nav-TV. I hate it. The menus are cumbersome at best. It takes forever navigate to a song very far down the alphabet. You can't put the ipod in shuffle mode to play songs random through the whole ipod, although you can kind of shuffle a play list. Every time i start the car if its been more than a few minutes it starts the same song which is first on my ipod. Love the ipod...hate the Nav-TV.
Old 02-26-2007, 01:47 PM
MHC2S
Rennlist Member

Received 30 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by rlowder@sbcglobal.net
I have the Nav-TV. I hate it. The menus are cumbersome at best. It takes forever navigate to a song very far down the alphabet. You can't put the ipod in shuffle mode to play songs random through the whole ipod, although you can kind of shuffle a play list. Every time i start the car if its been more than a few minutes it starts the same song which is first on my ipod. Love the ipod...hate the Nav-TV.
How old is your iPod Nav-TV unit?? When did you get it??
Old 03-03-2007, 08:50 PM
MHK
Instructor

I had the Nav-TV unit in for a few months. Finally decided to pull it out. Too many bugs, menus (as already stated) are inefficient, no shuffle capability with long playlists.....
Old 03-04-2007, 12:07 AM
svinaik
Advanced

Originally Posted by MarkSchu
been following the gateway 500 thread, but can't seem to find if the dension is the preferred device. I am trying to pick one, and can't find any good comparisons.
Don't know about Nav gadget but Dension works great.If you get, just use it out of the box.. Do not upgrade to the latest firmware which have some bugs but Firmware version V1.00 works great.

no regrets going with Dension.
Old 03-04-2007, 06:47 AM
Nad
7th Gear

Had the Nav-TV unit and hatted it....swapped it out for the Dension and lovin it.......go Dension and don't even think about Nav-Tv.......BTW stick with version 1.00 for the time being...

Quick Reply: dension vs nav-tv