Sponsored by:

New Rear Wing Techart type III

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2007 | 09:25 PM
QKENUFF
Instructor

Originally Posted by Paladin
Absolutely beautiful! Very tasteful.

I was only considering a Stage I. I thought the others were too much for a straight S, perfect for Turbos, GT's and aero'd p-cars, though. I'm glad that I saw this. I am now officially considering this stage III, also. Imitation is the most sincere form of flattery. 'nuf said.

Is that a coton d'tulear or a maltese? My best friend is a coton.
She's a Coton as well just 3 now and assistant head coach. Mom is Alpha, she's Beta, and I'm Gamma on a good day. Always wants to be in the center of everything if there's camera around.

Old 02-22-2007 | 01:10 PM
rdstemler
Burning Brakes

Quite elegant! Who painted it for you and, if you will, how much did it cost? Was there much prep work involved? Was it complicated!!

Your whole combination is beautiful!!!
Old 02-22-2007 | 02:39 PM
MMD
Banned

What happens when the engine's temperture monitors tell the removed/missing spoiler to deploy and act as an aid in cooling? What about matching aerodynamics of new wing to rest of car (front rear bumper, rockerpanels etc)? Did the installer disconnect or otherwise render inoperable the warning message?
Attached Images  
Old 02-22-2007 | 02:55 PM
OCBen
Banned

Originally Posted by MMD
What happens when the engine's temperture monitors tell the removed/missing spoiler to deploy and act as an aid in cooling? What about matching aerodynamics of new wing to rest of car (front rear bumper, rockerpanels etc)? Did the installer disconnect or otherwise render inoperable the warning message?
Mr. Marcel D.!

Criticizing another wing installation, I see?

At the very least you're consistent in your hatred of them.
Old 02-22-2007 | 04:25 PM
QKENUFF
Instructor

Originally Posted by MMD
Installer was the local Porsche Dealer, and yes they did disable the automatic motor, and the warning signal to the instrument cluster. The wing is now fixed at all times (like the GT3) and the vent cover is new and part of the wing. It has open vents at all times. (Not just at speed)

Last edited by QKENUFF; 02-22-2007 at 05:06 PM.
Old 02-22-2007 | 04:31 PM
QKENUFF
Instructor

Originally Posted by rdstemler
Quite elegant! Who painted it for you and, if you will, how much did it cost? Was there much prep work involved? Was it complicated!!

Your whole combination is beautiful!!!
All the work was done by Hendrick Porsche including the paint and install. Cost was part of the overall purchase of the new car, incluging an option pkg that included k40, clear Bra, bluetooth, XM radio and the wing. Retail on the wing part (primed part only) was around $2,900 but who knows what the dealer paid? Install was fairly simple but tooka few samples to get the paint to match. Re-coding of the wing speed sensor was also required.
Old 02-22-2007 | 05:00 PM
BlueJay73
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by OCBen
Mr. Marcel D.!

Criticizing another wing installation, I see?

At the very least you're consistent in your hatred of them.

I LOVE the wings on Porsches. It's iconic.
I had an '89 911 with the big "whale tail"--one of my favorite parts of the car.
I wondered the same thing about the airflow. I had a dealership rep tell me that they've seen engines burn up if the "correct" wing isn't installed. He also said that a rear wing REQUIRES a front spoiler for aerodynamic reasons.
Is any (or all?)of this BS?
Your car is GORGEOUS!!!

JIM
Old 02-23-2007 | 11:28 AM
rdstemler
Burning Brakes

It does remind me of the Carrera wing I had on my 02C2. It too was fixed but I never had any overheat problems at WGI, VIR, NHIS, Mosport, Mt Tremblant, or on any regular street drives!
Old 02-23-2007 | 02:37 PM
Sharptt
Pro

I prefer the 997 sans wing, but that is definitely the nicest looking aftermarket wing I've seen. If you've got to add one, that looks like the way to go.
Old 05-19-2007 | 02:22 AM
98carrera4S
Advanced

Does anyone know where to buy the Techart Type III wing? I can't find it listed on the Techart web site - they only seem to offer the Type I and Type II wings.

IMO, the Type III is the most tasteful wing for the Carrera. Here's what it looks like on a white cabriolet: http://www.seriouswheels.com/2007/20...e-1280x960.htm
Old 05-19-2007 | 02:44 AM
jcnesq
Miserable Old Bastard
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by 98carrera4S
Does anyone know where to buy the Techart Type III wing? I can't find it listed on the Techart web site - they only seem to offer the Type I and Type II wings.

IMO, the Type III is the most tasteful wing for the Carrera. Here's what it looks like on a white cabriolet: http://www.seriouswheels.com/2007/20...e-1280x960.htm
It is a nice wing. Found it at Vivid - not suggesting you buy it there, just went browsing and found it: http://www.vividracing.com/catalog/p...ducts_id/15105
Old 05-19-2007 | 07:55 AM
Coochas
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by QKENUFF
Just had a new rear wing installed on my wife's 997 S Cab... We like it, but it's not everybody's cup of tea.
Not a wing guy, I'm more of a leg and breast guy, but that wing looks great.
I guess you could say it suits your car to a tea.
Old 05-19-2007 | 12:36 PM
RonCT
Rennlist Member

Wow, that really does look good - especially on a coupe as shown on the Vivid site. As the GT3, GT2, and Cup cars come with fixed wings, I'm wondering if anyone here familiar with Techart knows the pros / cons of this wing vs. the stock "pop-up"? More downforce (not a bad thing at 146+ at Watkins Glen)? More cooling directed into the airbox (not bad with aftermarket headers, cats, mufflers and considering intake)?
Old 05-19-2007 | 01:09 PM
98carrera4S
Advanced

Originally Posted by jcnesq
It is a nice wing. Found it at Vivid - not suggesting you buy it there, just went browsing and found it: http://www.vividracing.com/catalog/p...ducts_id/15105
Thank you Jim! I appreciate the pointer.
Old 05-21-2007 | 12:47 PM
Downforce
AutoX

Anything TechArt makes is a work of art.

Quick Reply: New Rear Wing Techart type III