Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

The car feels unstable at rear

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2007, 05:10 PM
TomFromCT
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have experienced a similar wobbling at the rear, usually after a pit stop at Taco Bell.
Old 02-17-2007, 05:45 PM
Coochas
Rennlist Member

Received 426 Likes on 221 Posts

Originally Posted by TomFromCT
I have experienced a similar wobbling at the rear, usually after a pit stop at Taco Bell.
Oh yeah,....I know that drill too. Worst thing has got to be Burger King onion rings - I won't eat them ever unless I'm going on a long trip with my brother. Had to have my cabin air filter replaced prematurely - NOT covered under warranty as it was considered 'abused by some ***.'
Old 02-17-2007, 06:22 PM
frafoss
Instructor

Originally Posted by D.D.
Let us know...we want to watch!
You are most welcome to watch, I will even allow you and all other who shows up to test drive. But I guess many of you will say the same as my wife (she is actually a very good driver - dedicated track driver), this car is undrivable at snow and ice!!!

There may be one catch for some of you, I live in Norway. Everyone who are interested, send me a PM for address

I see many of you thinks my question, maybe or is the biggest joke in history, but I am not kidding. I have driven snow races for some years so I quite used to drive fast in diffucult conditons. The reason I asked is because this is my first winter ever with a Porsche, and I actually thought this forum had the best knowledge for an answer.
Old 02-17-2007, 09:14 PM
RedRocket
Instructor

i dont think i have ever owned a car that is drivable on ice....dude, dont risk crashing an expensive sports car by driving on ice. ice melted by salt = slush...maybe a little less insane. go out and get a subaru to drive fast on snow and ice...then at least if you smash it you wont hate yourself....as much.
Old 02-18-2007, 01:12 AM
kauai_diver
Straight to Video
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by TomFromCT
The only gas allowed to pass through my car is at least 91 octane
Old 02-18-2007, 12:01 PM
frafoss
Instructor

Originally Posted by RedRocket
i dont think i have ever owned a car that is drivable on ice....dude, dont risk crashing an expensive sports car by driving on ice. ice melted by salt = slush...maybe a little less insane. go out and get a subaru to drive fast on snow and ice...then at least if you smash it you wont hate yourself....as much.
I have been thinking about that even before I got the car and will take a decision about during the spring. Anyway, that was planned anyhow.

If I get a winter car, that doesn't solve this case. I am not sure if my problem is related to the condition, and if not the problem still exist even on tarmac.
Old 02-18-2007, 02:13 PM
mdonline
Instructor

Originally Posted by frafoss
I have been thinking about that even before I got the car and will take a decision about during the spring. Anyway, that was planned anyhow.

If I get a winter car, that doesn't solve this case. I am not sure if my problem is related to the condition, and if not the problem still exist even on tarmac.

One suggestion: Turn off PMS, if the car drives the same, there is something wrong with you PMS. If the car is MORE unstable and spins like hell...well, I suggest you get a hummer to drive on ice.
Old 02-18-2007, 02:34 PM
Coochas
Rennlist Member

Received 426 Likes on 221 Posts

Originally Posted by mdonline
One suggestion: Turn off PMS, if the car drives the same, there is something wrong with you PMS. If the car is MORE unstable and spins like hell...well, I suggest you get a hummer to drive on ice.
You mean PSM....otherwise your talking about that time of the month.
Old 02-19-2007, 01:31 AM
mdonline
Instructor

Originally Posted by Coochas
You mean PSM....otherwise your talking about that time of the month.
an understandable slip...yes PSM.
Old 02-19-2007, 09:53 AM
frafoss
Instructor

Ok, I will try.

Quick Reply: The car feels unstable at rear