Notices
997 Forum 2005-2012
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Meteor Grey 997S - Sport Design or Carrera Classic wheel?

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2007, 06:34 PM
996toomey
Three Wheelin'

Received 46 Likes on 21 Posts

Thanks Paul.
Old 02-05-2007, 06:51 PM
lawjdc
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think you should go with Classics if you are getting standard brakes, and sport design (or any other wheel) if you are getting PCCB brakes. The reason is simple: brake dust is really a nuisance with the standard brakes, and the more spokes on your wheels, the harder it is to keep them clean. In general, PCCB's are relatively dust-free, so multi-spoke wheels are easy to keep clean. Just my $.02.
Old 02-05-2007, 07:19 PM
cannga
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It's a matter of taste/preference, but: Keep the Sport Design!! I used to have a 997 with the Carrera wheels, while a friend has the Sport Design. Whenever the 2 cars were parked next to each other, I was always amazed how much "better" his wheels look and how much they enhance the "look" of the whole car. Despite of the design, the wheel does NOT look busy to me at all. Just very clean & strong lines IMHO.

Cleaning will be a little more time consuming than the Classic. But boy they are beautiful when clean and with some sunlight on them.

I am planning on getting the turbo now, and to me the Sport Design is better looking than the Turbo wheels.

Originally Posted by axhoaxho
Greetings,

Long story short, I am about to pull the trigger on a 07 997S coupe. The car is Meteor Grey and will arrive to the dealer in a few days (thus I can't see the car in person yet).

I am told that the car came with the 19" Sport Design wheels, but the dealer said they can swap them with 19" Carrera Classic wheels.

Since I can't see the car yet, I have a hard time deciding which wheels to go with the Meteor Grey...

Have anyone seen the Meteor Grey with 19" Sport Design wheels, do they look busy on the car? Better yet, anyone have pictures to compare them?

Thanks, with best regards,
- Alex.
Old 02-05-2007, 08:02 PM
axhoaxho
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hi folks, thanks for all the advises...

.... but, you wouldn't believe it (so wouldn't I). My dealer just called and told me that they sold the Meteor Grey Carrera S to another customer!

It seems like the car was located in a sister dealership of my dealer. During Sunday, the salespeople in the sister dealer sold the car to another customer. When my salesperson tried to transport the car to me in this morning, he found out that the car was sold!

He is looking around for another similar Meteor Grey for me....

Let's see how it goes.... An Interesting day for me so far

Thanks again guy, with best regards,
- Alex.
Old 02-05-2007, 08:30 PM
Crazy Canuck
Race Director

Received 218 Likes on 108 Posts

XRR

Quick Reply: Meteor Grey 997S - Sport Design or Carrera Classic wheel?