Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Had a bad day...

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2007 | 10:37 AM
bonesmd
Intermediate

Default Had a bad day...

My 16 year old son just had "Dad,the worst day of my life". He was driving to school when his backpack fell out of the front seat of his car.As he grabbed for the backpack he ,of course, forgot about driving.He veered off the road and clipped a tree(fortunately in his Jeep--not a P car). The Jeep was still driveable so he went on to school.When he got there he realized he had forgotten to bring his shoes!!I have suggested(many times)that he get dressed before he leaves home but he knows better of course. He decides to attempt school in his socks and as fate would have it EVERYBODY notices!"hey dude,aren't you supposed to like wear shoes like to school or somethin?" The teachers and principal(who he ran into at the front door--omg) gave him a pass because of the wreck.Well except for his speech teacher who yelled at him in front of everyone "for nothing". Then he gets his chemistry grade back and he made a 50!! Anybody have a worse day than that?
Old 01-28-2007 | 11:05 AM
Eric - Plug Guy
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Thank your lucky stars (and his) that he returned home to you in one piece, and not in a body bag, and that no one else was hurt.

You will both get past this, and look back upon it as a terrible learning experience.

Be safe.

2022 GT3 Touring
2009 997 Turbo Cab
2018 M2 6sp

Gone but not forgotten
2004 C4S Cabriolet
1999 C2 Cab

Old 01-28-2007 | 12:10 PM
gota911
Newbies Hospitality Director
Lifetime Rennlist

I hope your sone is mature enough to have learned some (multiple) valuable lessons fro the day. I am truly glad he is safe. Losing a son is the worst thing a parent will EVER go through. Unfortunately, I speak from personal experience.
Old 01-28-2007 | 12:12 PM
texas911
Race Car

He gets dressed in his car, on the way to school? Ground him!
Old 01-28-2007 | 12:29 PM
discoganya
Banned

+1 to Eric and Tim. Be happy that your son is OK and the accident was not major.

Sloppiness at school, being yelled at and getting bad grades are all part of growing up. Kids learn and improve... so don't overreact to kids being kids (or teens being teens).
Old 01-28-2007 | 12:32 PM
urban_alchemist
Pro

Originally Posted by bonesmd
My 16 year old son just had "Dad,the worst day of my life". He was driving to school when his backpack fell out of the front seat of his car.As he grabbed for the backpack he ,of course, forgot about driving.He veered off the road and clipped a tree(fortunately in his Jeep--not a P car). The Jeep was still driveable so he went on to school.When he got there he realized he had forgotten to bring his shoes!!I have suggested(many times)that he get dressed before he leaves home but he knows better of course. He decides to attempt school in his socks and as fate would have it EVERYBODY notices!"hey dude,aren't you supposed to like wear shoes like to school or somethin?" The teachers and principal(who he ran into at the front door--omg) gave him a pass because of the wreck.Well except for his speech teacher who yelled at him in front of everyone "for nothing". Then he gets his chemistry grade back and he made a 50!! Anybody have a worse day than that?
Old 01-28-2007 | 12:40 PM
1999Porsche911
Race Car

Been through the teenage years with kids and know exactly what you are talking about. You'll get alot of "what you should do's" from people, but those of us that have been there know that there is no respose to their behavior that will make much difference. You just have to ride it out and hope for the best.
Old 01-28-2007 | 04:17 PM
mishref
Advanced

I have left home without my cellphone or wallet sometimes .. but shoes!
Old 01-30-2007 | 02:22 AM
Bones 997
Track Day

Exclamation

We've all had days like that in our past . I realize that I'm lucky to be here given the things which have occured in my past. Fortunately this turned out well, banged up Jeep and bruised ego with the 50 on the chemisty test. I got 50 my first biochemistry test in medical school. Knuckled down and wound up with a B+. What's with the speech teacher? I would definitely be calling on him to give him a piece of my mind ( what with my B+ and all ).

Quick Reply: Had a bad day...