Porsche of North-Olmsted – good purchase experience

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2007, 08:52 AM
Dariof
Not an Addict?
Rennlist Member

Received 24 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by jplanaux
Rick in Colorodo >> ... came back with a very fair deal ...
I am asssuming that you got a price less than MSRP.

Sounds like I can get that from pretty much anybody who has an allocation. So , so far nothing really that special.

Rick in Colorodo>> Potential Porsche buyers think nothing of buying a car long distance, so dealers are very competitive with each other and protective of pricing information - not from us, but from each other.

OK, so I am looking at it from the view point of buyer since the majority of us are buyers. Since we are buyers and they (dealers) share the information with us, maybe we (buyers) should share the info with others (buyers)?? And isn't it US (buyers) against THEM (sellers) really?? They (sellers) are going to make money from us even by selling cars to us below MSRP.

Rick in Colorodo>>We spend enormous amounts of legal time redacting competitive information ...

Unless I don't get it, the view point you talk about is of the seller (them) - but you were the buyer in your case - not the CFO of the Porsche dealership. If you protect the sellers information, you make it sound like it is good for who?????? .... I am assuming that it is good for the sellers. My viewpoint: I really want me to get the best deal possible. I can only make an evaluation if I have some type of data. My only source of data comes from this group.

Anyway thank you for pointing me to Chris. He sounds like he will give you some type of deal that will be lower than MSRP (could be $1.00 under MSRP or could be $1.00 over invoice). I am assuming this covers 99% of the Porsche dealers out there.

Seems Chris will get you an allocation. I guess that would be 85% of the Porsche dealers out there.

Seems Chris will deal over the internet and get back quickly with pricing. I am assuming that this is probably rare.

Anyway congrats on your acquisition - you have a nice car. And thanks for using some big words like protracted, redacting, and edgarization. I am the CEO of a privately held company and I had to look each of those up.

Why such a negative and sarcastic post to a man who tried to help? And your not even a paid member to boot.

For the record, I too purchased from Bernie and Chris at North Olmsted. I called/e-mailed several dealers, and yes, they gave the best price, service and ordered what I wanted.

They were a far cry from other dealers....Porsche of North Olmsted is in a group all by themselves.

Last edited by Dariof; 01-29-2007 at 01:13 PM.
Old 01-29-2007, 01:52 PM
wetstuff
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Perhaps it needs posting? .. Your results may vary.

I would never assume that there is only one dealer in the country to get a good car at a good price ..but in my particular case - on that given day in November - with this particular car - the planets became aligned to provide me a pleasant buying experience. I attribute part of that alignment to Bernie and Chris being in the right place at the right time.

Cheers.
Old 02-01-2007, 08:11 PM
jplanaux
Instructor

Originally Posted by Dariof
Why such a negative and sarcastic post to a man who tried to help? And your not even a paid member to boot.

For the record, I too purchased from Bernie and Chris at North Olmsted. I called/e-mailed several dealers, and yes, they gave the best price, service and ordered what I wanted.

They were a far cry from other dealers....Porsche of North Olmsted is in a group all by themselves.

http://www.rennteam.com/showflat.php...&page=0#314927

I was questioning why he was not interested in disclosing details of his purchase. You can see my link above. Ninety percent of people polled felt it was good to disclose purchase info. I am interested in his point of view, since he is in the minority. If I was sarcastic, oh well. Will you accept my sarcasim if I pay the dues - to boot? Sorry if I offended.
Old 02-01-2007, 11:32 PM
gravedgr
Rennlist Member

Received 424 Likes on 217 Posts

Originally Posted by jplanaux

http://www.rennteam.com/showflat.php...&page=0#314927

I was questioning why he was not interested in disclosing details of his purchase. You can see my link above. Ninety percent of people polled felt it was good to disclose purchase info. I am interested in his point of view, since he is in the minority. If I was sarcastic, oh well. Will you accept my sarcasim if I pay the dues - to boot? Sorry if I offended.
I think the problem was that you seemed critical of his choice, and somewhat acidic to boot. If that wasn't your intention, no harm/no foul.
Old 02-02-2007, 01:43 AM
uzj100
Burning Brakes

Received 66 Likes on 40 Posts

Maybe there's another side to this? For instance, JPL, suppose it was you that had a good deal going at a dealer. You may be interested in sharing the info with other board members, but may be reluctant to do so publicly in case someone else didn't get the same deal, or the contacts listed no longer work there, etc, etc

Some are hesitent to make a recommendation until they actually have dealt with a business or individual themselves. I think Rick in CO might have been coming at it from that angle. He's sharing the contact with you and others have also commented on the service they've gotten from that dealer.

The point is Olmstead is a potential source for you to do some price comparison shopping.

Those that got their cars from Olmstead didn't all pay the same price.

Perhaps Wetstuff said it best, YMMV

Old 02-02-2007, 03:34 PM
Rick in Colorado
Instructor

Originally Posted by uzj100
You may be interested in sharing the info with other board members, but may be reluctant to do so publicly in case someone else didn't get the same deal
Spot on. In case YMMV, I felt that each person must ultimately form their own deal.
Old 02-02-2007, 07:10 PM
uzj100
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Rick in Colorado
Spot on. In case YMMV, I felt that each person must ultimately form their own deal.
I think we've all at one time or another shared a recommendation with someone, only to have that person not feel that the referral was what they expected. Thus, giving the dealer's name, with the caveat that YMMV is a good hedge

Old 02-03-2007, 08:17 PM
stubenhocker
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just because someone says they got such and such a deal, that does not mean that the person offering the deal is obliged to do the same by you!
I'm with Rick in CO! Too much of this "i got such a great deal" stuff is nothing but unmitigated hot air! Porsche and real deals rarely share the same space!
Old 02-03-2007, 10:57 PM
uzj100
Burning Brakes

[QUOTE Porsche and real deals rarely share the same space! [/QUOTE]

Ain't that the truth!
Old 02-06-2007, 09:56 PM
SDP
Intermediate

More important than price--well, at least as important--is not having the buying experience make you feel as if you just paid a big sales commission to a lizard. I love my P-car, but the salesman and the sales manager at my dealership made the entire buying experience miserable. Had I unlimited time, I could tell you the BS I was handed by these two. I really question why Porsche allows "representatives" like these sell what are great cars with better history. Thus, let's share experiences, positive and otherwise. We'll all benefit. I'll start: stay far away from Paul Miller.

Quick Reply: Porsche of North-Olmsted – good purchase experience