Notices
997 Forum 2005-2012
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Video of my before and after install of PSE!

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2007, 07:14 PM
mdrums
Race Director

Received 182 Likes on 129 Posts

Originally Posted by ds2k1
No gains? I test drove a Boxster years ago that had the sports exhaust and the sales guy said it boosted HP by about 8, but that it was "unofficial". Is that just total BS?
Sales guys lie and I found a lot of them have no clue.
Old 01-26-2007, 07:20 PM
dnp_now
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for everyone's comment. I decided to post my video to help you decide. It seems "PSE...should I?" often comes up.

My car is not in the US, so there's no PSE for me to listen to. I did it soley based on everyone's positive feedback on this and other forums. So I hope this video helps you decide one way or another.

After two months, my feeling is if you have the money to spare (as its can be anwhere from $2500+ upwards depending on country) its worth it. Its a kick to rev up the rpm, going through tunnels, underpass, etc. The sound now matches the looks of the car. I didn't realize how loud the stock exhaust is. But the PSE makes it even sound better.

And in the video I cheated, because I removed the brown plug hack, so its always on. Neighbors be damned!
Old 01-26-2007, 07:22 PM
dnp_now
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by LERA GT2
Great Thanks
One question, how did you get the dog to bark at the same time in both videos?
Thats my little beagle wanting to go for a ride!
Old 01-26-2007, 09:36 PM
mdrums
Race Director

Received 182 Likes on 129 Posts

dnp, thanks for taking the time to do these video's and putting them up on YouTube. That is a heck of a little climb getting in and out of your garage! I do not think a Porsche could make it if the car was lowered. Your car sounds awesome!
Old 01-27-2007, 12:29 AM
DJ23
Rennlist Member

Received 88 Likes on 64 Posts

Love my PSE. As to whether it adds any HP gain, when I took the PDE course last year in Birmingham, I asked Cass Whitehead about PSE and he said that it does give maybe a 4-5HP gain. The reason Porsche doesn't advertise that it does is because if they did they would have to submit to a lot of other emission testing in order to have it approved. To avoid this they simply don't state anything. And whether it gave a slight gain or not I would still get it because I love the sound.

Jay

Quick Reply: Video of my before and after install of PSE!