Sponsored by:

Birth Announcement: The Coochas Cayenne is born

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2007, 11:09 AM
STATMAN
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by dianic
I think we are on the same track regarding that blimmin little script in between the Cayenne and the S. Over here we had the proper Turbo S's as well, with 520 hp vs 450. At a "brace yourself" price of 190k EUROS!!!
Now the new lineup is coming in April, the Turbo gets 500hp, so perhaps no Turbo S to follow... for now. But I am hoping that it will make the pre-face lift models come off so I can pick up a Turbo or a Turbo S for half the money...

Now you see, at the end of the day, if I had gotten a 997TT like I wanted, I could have saved that money and kept the X5 a little while longer... But I admit... I've been bit. And boy its an expensive bug!!!!

Enjoy Dave, have fun skiing.
Dave, I love the Cayenne S/997S cab combo myself--especially with our winters here. It absolutely goes through everything winter dishes out! After 2 years in the Cayenne S, though, I'm seriously considering the Cayenne Turbo S upgrade this spring--I think that the price will be right with the new models rolling in.

For those contemplating the '08 Cayenne Turbo or the '06 Turbo S, though, keep this in mind--the new model will have 500 HP (compared to 520 for the Turbo S), will have close to the same acceleration, and using the newly engineered gasoline direct injection (GDI) will realize about an 11% improvement in fuel efficiency with 13 mpg for city driving and 20 mpg on the highway. Not that fuel efficiency is the deciding factor here, but a few less stops at the pump would be nice!
Old 02-07-2007, 11:38 AM
Coochas
Rennlist Member

Received 426 Likes on 221 Posts

Originally Posted by Vancouver83LTD
Needs more turbo.
In all seriousness though, with that colour option on the titanium edition - what else could you get?
The Titanium Edition came in Pure Red, Iceland Silver, Marine Blue (previously only on Turbo S) and Black.

Quick Reply: Birth Announcement: The Coochas Cayenne is born