Old 01-25-2007, 07:13 AM
Coochas
Rennlist Member

Received 426 Likes on 221 Posts

Originally Posted by OCBen
BeetleJuice

BeetleJuice

BeetleJuice!!!

Thanks Ben....everyone welcome the Maitlins please.
Old 01-25-2007, 10:08 AM
OCBen
Banned

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Ahhhh, but the Maitlands didn't come and go at the mere mention of the B-word.

Old 01-25-2007, 10:35 AM
QKENUFF
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks Nick for the link to Audio Innovations. I spoke to the guys there last night and as of now, they do not have an enclosure for the 997. (996 and earlier only) They are going to call me back when they get a 997 in their shop to check the floor pan configuration, and see if the 997 matches the 996. They suggested a pair of 8's with a small amp mounted below the plastic in the front trunk (next to the NAV unit.) Completely hidden and unobtrusive. I won't have any rear seat passengers so, I'm not worried about the loss of foot space.

I did check with the dealer and they said the Bose system is not available as an add-on/replacement... too many other components are effected.

Ive, been told twice that the door speaker upgrade is not simply swapping drivers, but would also require new crossovers, and new amps (along with signal convertors for the amps). The OEM MOST system is matched for impedience and frequency to the door speakers, and simply replacing them with bettr drivers is a waste of money without the other upgrades. Overall, a large and expensive project.

I'll try to talk to some local audio guys about sub enclosures while awaiting word from Audio Innovations,

Thanks all for the quick responses.
Old 01-25-2007, 04:03 PM
cvazquez
Three Wheelin'

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by QKENUFF

Ive, been told twice that the door speaker upgrade is not simply swapping drivers, but would also require new crossovers, and new amps (along with signal convertors for the amps). The OEM MOST system is matched for impedience and frequency to the door speakers, and simply replacing them with bettr drivers is a waste of money without the other upgrades. Overall, a large and expensive project.
Yes, extremely expensive and a waste of good money without the other upgrades. Best to go with the additional small amp and sub. Please, keep us posted on the results.

Good luck!
Old 01-25-2007, 04:16 PM
cvazquez
Three Wheelin'

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Be very careful with the new amp selection and installation... motor noise can, will be amplified by the new amp, and out the sub will drive you crazy! Get a guarantee in writing before you commit to the install.
Old 01-26-2007, 03:59 AM
dianic
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Engine noise has to do with grounding I think... A reputable shop should be able to work around it... Although I dont have experience with p-car audio installs, it shouldnt be an issue. Installation of course is 100% of the game for engine noise.
In any case, one of those JL audio signal converters is necessary and I am sure that is good quality stuff.

Quick Reply: Subwoofer in 997 S Cab