Notices
997 Forum 2005-2012
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

About to take the plunge...last minute opinions?

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2007 | 11:07 AM
Deanski
Three Wheelin'

Having an Aerokit C2S I can tell you a few things.

1) As soon as you take delivery, take the lower painted lip off and install a GT3 matte black one. Store the original. The lips get trashed all the time.

2) Learn that steep driveways, parking lots, gas stations are to be avoided. You WILL scrape the lower lip each time.

3) Rear wing collects more dust on the back end of the car, make sure you use a sealant as wax will tend to let it stick.

4) Obtain screens for the front radiator openings, these become leaf catchers in fall, besides a few other cig butts and other rocks. A few places sell these, but to install them, the front nose/bumper has to be removed for the screens to be installed. I know FarnbacherLoles has them and can powder-coat to any color. Cargraphics sells ones for the standard front end, not the Aerokit.

Now, with your order, add the nice lit stainless steel sills that light-up a cool blue with "Carerra S" on them. I had them installed at factory.

I also did the sport shift, sport steering wheel, sport chrono, sport exhaust but I also added the PCCB's. It's also full leather, 6-CD, Nav, Logbook, Bose, Sirius (via PCM by way of Cayenne kit), K-40 radar/laser detector (A MUST HAVE) and also added paint protection film on the front half of the car including side mirrors and door cups (womens fingernails are deadly to a finish).

Never rush an order, I missed on the black painted wheel centers, painted seatbacks and the leather cover for the console to have the Carerra S script in it. But I did get the Porsche crest in the headrests.

Build it to YOUR liking, never accept less than what your heart wants. This is YOUR car and you alone have to build it to your requirments.

My build date was in March with an April delivery, perfect time for delivery. I was ordered in December.

Hope we can all help in making you your new dream car!!

Regards,
Deanski
Old 01-23-2007 | 02:46 PM
Edgy01
Poseur
Rennlist Member

Patience will be your next challenge. I ordered my car in August 05, took delivery the FIRST time in Zuffenhausen on 13 June 06, and the SECOND time at my dealer on 7 September 06. Over a year!
Old 01-23-2007 | 05:14 PM
Frino
Pro

Default Why wait?

The Aero Kit is the way to go if the non-aero 997 doesn't get your juices flowing.

While not a C4S, this 07 C2S is hot!!! Check it out and PM me if you're interested:

http://prestigeporsche.com/inventory...nventory=68533
Attached Images  

Last edited by Frino; 01-23-2007 at 05:36 PM.
Old 01-25-2007 | 11:18 PM
diablo_911
Intermediate

Update...Thanks to everyone for the input.
With all the deliberating I've done in the past few weeks regarding a C4s, I was faced with a new, unexpected opportunity yesterday. Needless to say I'm thrilled and a proud new owner of an 07 Turbo. The vehicle is exhilarating to say the least and thanks again to everyone for the input!

As of right now, the only mod im considering is navTV to hav SAT radio and Ipod connectivity. Things can change though!

GT Silver on Black

Old 01-25-2007 | 11:31 PM
OCBen
Banned

Congratulations Diablo! ... Super sweet!

Btw, I see a sign there in your garage that you can explain in detail on the thread on usernames.
Old 01-25-2007 | 11:36 PM
OCBen
Banned

Originally Posted by dianic
If you do Carrara, I'd go with cocoa interior, I have seen pics of a white on cocoa on this forum and it looks great.
Do the center console painted at the exterior color of the car, and I would do the seat backs as well.
Not really that good of a look in my opinion:

https://rennlist.com/forums/showpost...28&postcount=1
Old 01-26-2007 | 05:31 AM
dianic
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by OCBen
Not really that good of a look in my opinion:

https://rennlist.com/forums/showpost...28&postcount=1
Urm now that I've seen it perhaps you are right.. But I do like the color combo... There was someone else who posted a cocoa on carbon interior... the AMG guy I think. That actually looked better.
Thanks for pointing out a pic in that combo Ben.
In any case our friend Diablo just took a heck of a jump. The red Targa owner with the buyers remorse is going to jump off a cliff now... I know the feeling, I lusted after a Cobalt Turbo from Germany but with customs I was looking at 180k - that is EURO! And a bit too steep... So I got the 4S I found here and I cant wait for bloody weekends (no mid week driving for baby). But I wonder. Faced with a choice in a few months when the prices of slightly used Turbos drop by about 20k... Will I be able to hold myself?
Old 01-26-2007 | 09:57 AM
OCBen
Banned

Originally Posted by dianic
... But I wonder. Faced with a choice in a few months when the prices of slightly used Turbos drop by about 20k... Will I be able to hold myself?
Yeah, sometimes you have to blame it on something or someone if you do.

In diablo's case, he can say the devil made him do it.....or that he struck a deal with the devil to get it.
Old 01-26-2007 | 02:15 PM
cvazquez
Three Wheelin'

Smokin sweet rocket... Cheers!
Old 01-26-2007 | 02:52 PM
LERA GT2
Rennlist Member

Straight opinion:

1.- Wait for what you like, do not compromise.
2.- If 4S no AeroKit - if 2S yes AeroKit.
3.- If 4S no Wheel Spacer - if 2S yes Wheel Spacer.
4.- If no AeroKit, rear Wiper - If AeroKit, No rear Wiper.
5.- Adaptive Sport Seats – All Leather Interior (Colored Stitching).
6.- Short Shift

My Option:

4s – NO Aero – Rear Wiper – Short Shift - All Leather Interior (Black with White Stitching).

Enjoy!!
Old 01-26-2007 | 02:54 PM
LERA GT2
Rennlist Member

Forgot,

Lower and Sport Exhaust!!

Quick Reply: About to take the plunge...last minute opinions?