Sponsored by:

**Disabling PASM with No Faults or DTC's.**

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2007, 03:19 PM
Mike/A.W.E.
user

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default **Disabling PASM with No Faults or DTC's.**

Moton Suspension Technology was kind enough to donate a double adjustable coilover suspension for our new AWE Tuning 997TT project car. However, one roadblock was holding us up, the PASM. Moton does not make an interactive shock so some trickery was going to need to be done.

If you did not know, once you disconnect the wire at the shock a fault light and annoying beep will appear on the dash. This was totally unacceptable. We wanted to find a way to have our cake and eat it too.

We did not get discouraged. We began contacting all of our sources in the States and Germany trying to find a solution. Nobody seemed to know what to do. Even our best contacts at H&R were unsure.

Last week while at the go-kart track, I ran into one of the dealer technicians from Brandywine Porsche. I have met many of their staff, but not Kevin Hines. He and I began to chat and I told him the problem we were having with the suspension. With great confidence he assured me it could be done somehow. He thought about it for a few days and gave me a call. He told me to stop down on Saturday with the car.

After about an hour of, he did it.

Kevin completed the job just as he said. No fault lights or DTC's! The car is no longer looking for the PASM module. It's as if it does not exist.

Now that this is done, we will schedule our car's Moton install. Finally!

Once again, thanks Kevin. You lived up to your promise.

Some of you are probably wondering why this is such a big deal to us. Well, many of our clients either race or are very serious about track days. Even with PASM, the car will be handicapped in extreme track conditions with the stock spring/shock package.

To get to the next level you will need to replace the dampers. We want to be able to offer upgrades, but without a pesky beep and fault light on the dash.

For those of you interested in the disable procedure, please download this PDF.

http://awe-tuning.com/media/pdf/AWE_...ASM_Delete.pdf

Thanks for reading and have a great day.

Old 01-22-2007, 06:30 PM
nkhalidi
Rennlist Member

Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts

GREAT post. Thanks for blazing the PASMectomy trail.
Old 01-22-2007, 09:18 PM
AMG_55
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

thanks for posting, good to know it can be done

Quick Reply: **Disabling PASM with No Faults or DTC's.**