Sponsored by:

Techart Type 1 rear wing

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2007, 12:03 AM
RedRocket
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Techart Type 1 rear wing

does anyone have the techart type 1 wing installed? I am seriously considering a small wing in addition to the cup kit front end I just had installed. The only pics I have been able to find are below...anyone got other pics? thanks!

Old 01-15-2007, 08:53 AM
D.D.
Race Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just received my Type 1 wing last week. It's at the body shop now being painted who will also install it once complete. The installation is pretty straight forward....They send you a template to drill two holes in you cars spoiler. After partially removing your cars spoiler, you attach the TechArt with an adhesive and two bolts. All hardware and adhesive is supplied. I really wanted something on the rear, but was not warm to the Porsche Aero kit. I questioned about the possibility of installing a 930 Whale Tail on the C4S, and this is not possible. Use to have a 930 and I really liked that spoiler.

Quality on the Techart was very good....the body shop said they would only need to do some minor sanding before priming and painting.

To anwser your question, I searched several forums and could not find any pics of the Type 1 wing,.....only the promo pics you have posted.

Good luck....hope to post pics when done. I purchased the TechArt from the west coast distributer...Called on Monday.....was delivered on Thursday to N.J.!
Old 01-15-2007, 10:00 AM
Queram
Instructor

Hopefully you'll post some pics. In the promo pics you posted I think it looks very little and kinda weird. I would love to see real world pics and views.
Old 01-15-2007, 10:30 AM
jrgordonsenior
Nordschleife Master

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

I'd too am not enamored with the factiry aero kit rear spoiler but love the front bumper cover. I would like to see pics of that wing when it's painted and installed. Question: Is the front aero kit the same as the GT3 or are there differences? Also, did you buy yours aftermarket and if so, from whom? Thanks.....
Old 01-15-2007, 12:28 PM
CButler
Instructor

Not sure how to post pics, but I've collected a few random shots of the spoiler the past few months from surfing the various 997 boards. PM me and I'll send them to you.
Old 01-15-2007, 01:55 PM
RedRocket
Instructor

D.D. There is a wing by speedart that is fairly new that you might really like....but it sounds like you may already be commited to the type 1. here is a pic of it...

jrgordonsenior, I had a run in with a deer and the front end had to be replaced anyway, so I bought the AeroCup Kit front end from Porsche (dealership) and had them put that on. There is a little modification to the front spoiler we made, but thats it. It looks exactly like the GT3 front spoiler except for the air intake at the hood.
Old 01-15-2007, 04:03 PM
D.D.
Race Car

Nice website & wing! Yes, I am committed to the TechArt spoiler, but this one defiantly has potential. It's something that I would need to see pics of installed before I lay out the cash and change my car. However, the look has that 930 style which I so desired for my car. Incidentially, my car is also Midnight Blue. Just got it back to me today after having the clear bra installed. I am very glad that I did. Also had the radar detector custom installed as well while it was there. I'll keep you posted on the TechArt wing and post pics as soon as I have it done....
Old 01-15-2007, 04:15 PM
MyEmily
Racer

600 bucks for type 1
Old 01-15-2007, 04:32 PM
D.D.
Race Car

I paid less than that, EXCLUDING shipping....Where are you ordering from?
Old 01-15-2007, 05:28 PM
MyEmily
Racer

http://www.cecwheels.com/images/medi...a_pg_rev10.pdf
Old 01-15-2007, 05:36 PM
D.D.
Race Car

I paid $589.00 as stated by CECWheels....plus shipping.
Old 01-15-2007, 10:04 PM
jhbrennan
Rennlist Member

Received 81 Likes on 73 Posts

Originally Posted by D.D.
Just received my Type 1 wing last week. It's at the body shop now being painted who will also install it once complete. The installation is pretty straight forward....They send you a template to drill two holes in you cars spoiler. After partially removing your cars spoiler, you attach the TechArt with an adhesive and two bolts. All hardware and adhesive is supplied. I really wanted something on the rear, but was not warm to the Porsche Aero kit. I questioned about the possibility of installing a 930 Whale Tail on the C4S, and this is not possible. Use to have a 930 and I really liked that spoiler.

Quality on the Techart was very good....the body shop said they would only need to do some minor sanding before priming and painting.

To anwser your question, I searched several forums and could not find any pics of the Type 1 wing,.....only the promo pics you have posted.

Good luck....hope to post pics when done. I purchased the TechArt from the west coast distributer...Called on Monday.....was delivered on Thursday to N.J.!
How much to paint and install? Thanks.
Old 01-16-2007, 06:43 AM
D.D.
Race Car

Don't know yet.....still at shop. I know the guys real well and their work is second to none, so I just them them to do it.

Quick Reply: Techart Type 1 rear wing