Just lowered my C4S at Lucent Motors using TechArt Springs

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2007, 04:36 AM
box_sf
8th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

rzundel,

They're definitely H&Rs -I just went out to my garage and checked

I was a bit confused because when I received my old springs after the install, I received them in a H&R box, not a Techart box. So I asked why that was and was told that Techart springs are basically H&R springs rebadged and are basically the same springs, same spec. I didn't question it since my shop is very reputable in the area (I think even a sponsor on this board) and all the other mods looked fine. However, after driving the car for a week or so, I noticed the ride "settled" and lowered even more. So the ride height went from 'just right' to 'slammed' and now scrapes everywhere.

So now I'm just annoyed because I'm being told that it's going to cost another $1500 or so to raise the ride height by .5 inch (new springs, install & alignment). Anyway, I just wanted to confirm that if I asked for Techart springs, I should NOT have received H&R springs. Sounds like I should've received Eibachs instead...

Sorry for the rant.
Old 03-02-2007, 03:10 PM
kilikay
Intermediate

Sorry about the situation but thanks for clarifying it for the rest of us. I will be buying these springs sometime next week and it's good to know what to look for.
Old 03-02-2007, 03:21 PM
oalvarez
Three Wheelin'

Received 54 Likes on 37 Posts

not to add to the confusion: i was under the impression that Techarts were re-branded Eibach's.
Old 03-02-2007, 09:11 PM
kilikay
Intermediate

I'm kind of curious.. What is the stock height ground clearance on a C4S cab? I talked to Lucent and they said the Techart lowers the car 1.2" after it has settled. 1" initially.. I'm wondering if I lower my car if it will be driveable.. The lowest car i've had that wasn't half bad was an AMV8 but I don't know the clearance of that either.
Old 03-03-2007, 01:43 AM
rzundel
Instructor

Originally Posted by box_sf
rzundel,

They're definitely H&Rs -I just went out to my garage and checked

I was a bit confused because when I received my old springs after the install, I received them in a H&R box, not a Techart box. So I asked why that was and was told that Techart springs are basically H&R springs rebadged and are basically the same springs, same spec. I didn't question it since my shop is very reputable in the area (I think even a sponsor on this board) and all the other mods looked fine. However, after driving the car for a week or so, I noticed the ride "settled" and lowered even more. So the ride height went from 'just right' to 'slammed' and now scrapes everywhere.

So now I'm just annoyed because I'm being told that it's going to cost another $1500 or so to raise the ride height by .5 inch (new springs, install & alignment). Anyway, I just wanted to confirm that if I asked for Techart springs, I should NOT have received H&R springs. Sounds like I should've received Eibachs instead...

Sorry for the rant.

Man, that is just plain wrong. If you asked for TechArt and they installed H&R that is fraud at its best. They can't do that! There is a big difference between the two springs. I didn't go with the H&R for the very reason you are experiencing. They lower about 1/2 greater than the Techart and there is a problem with additional settling. I didn't want the slammed look. I would demand they correct your problem. If they are a sponser of this forum, they should know better than not to make things right. Good luck with the outcome!
Old 03-03-2007, 01:45 AM
rzundel
Instructor

Originally Posted by soc_fans
The drop looks good! So hot with the turbo wheels.

Do you have any idea if Lucent removed your rear seats during installation?

Thanks for your comments. I don't know about the rear seats? Arling or Tom, if you are reading the thread feel free to respond.

Quick Reply: Just lowered my C4S at Lucent Motors using TechArt Springs