Sponsored by:

Radar Detectors - this is pretty entertaining

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2007, 10:01 PM
gravedgr
Rennlist Member

Received 436 Likes on 219 Posts

Originally Posted by OCBen
LOL ... No Doug, my apology for not acknowledging your thorough explanation there. I appreciate it.
Just checking.
Old 01-14-2007, 05:14 PM
Lmmike
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Rod Farva... Pretty much a perfect match for that thread.
Old 01-15-2007, 02:45 AM
JasonAndreas
Technical Guru
Rennlist Member

Received 112 Likes on 90 Posts

Originally Posted by ChipAZ
I am tempted to register to that site and ask them do they pull over Porsche's because they will never be able to afford one.
Before you do that you might want to start a poll on Rennlist to find out just how many regular posters are actual members of law enforcement! I know you'll be surprised.
Old 01-15-2007, 04:53 AM
kglesq
AutoX

Originally Posted by Eharrison
Enos, but you register as "Anus" and pretend you're positive it's spelt that way. Cause your a LEO....
Bwahahahahaha!
Old 01-15-2007, 12:33 PM
ChipAZ
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by JasonAndreas
Before you do that you might want to start a poll on Rennlist to find out just how many regular posters are actual members of law enforcement! I know you'll be surprised.
Hey I'm not saying all cops are bad. I'm just saying that some of those guys on that board, posting what they are posting, enjoy their job to much. That deserves humor.

How many here have got tickets on wide open freeway, where you could land a commercial jet, for going over 55?
Old 01-15-2007, 11:55 PM
FlyingLow
Racer

Damn, ever since I followed that link I have become addicted to that site! I have even added it to my favorites. There is some good info on there and I just spent two hours looking at "Porsche" related threads. I'm getting good at searching. Ben would be proud. Greetings from Bermuda. Woohoo!
Old 01-16-2007, 02:27 AM
Edgy01
Poseur
Rennlist Member

Received 238 Likes on 129 Posts

Originally Posted by ChipAZ
Hey I'm not saying all cops are bad. I'm just saying that some of those guys on that board, posting what they are posting, enjoy their job to much. That deserves humor.

How many here have got tickets on wide open freeway, where you could land a commercial jet, for going over 55?

Ages ago I got a ticket in Kansas for 62 in a 55. It was Interstate 70 I think,--back in 1978. I was in my 911S westbound for California after picking up my 911S in Germany and driving it for about 14 months. Overseas, on the way to the port of Bremerhaven I covered the 450 miles in 4 hours. Then, two weeks later to be stopped in KANSAS for 62!! Oh, what a FELON I am!
Old 01-19-2007, 11:56 PM
S4-on-your-back-door
Pro

what pissis me off is all of them speed, either in there cruisers or there pov and they dont get ticketed. its ok for them but not for you.
Old 01-20-2007, 01:52 AM
yemenmocha
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Could someone explain to me how on earth any rational person can see the radar detector as "intent to break the law" as a just/fair whatever criterion for treating the motorist differently when pulling them over? Isn't that stretching the language a bit too far?

Everyone speeding has the intent to speed and break the law. How are some who are smart and have detectors somehow more guilty, if there is such a thing?

It seems to me there is no justified differential treatment here. The radar just pisses them off and out of spite they treat you differently. Am I on to something here?
Old 01-20-2007, 02:00 AM
Zipgun
Instructor

My younger brother is PO with the sfpd and 2 cousins, chp and west covina pd. And they are all standup, very professional guys.

Anywho I showed my brother that link and he agrees some of them are a disgrace, but was quick to point out, how many of those posters are really law enforcement? Anything you see esp on the internet has to be taken with a grain of salt.
Old 01-20-2007, 02:18 AM
Eharrison
Nordschleife Master

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by yemenmocha
Could someone explain to me how on earth any rational person can see the radar detector as "intent to break the law" as a just/fair whatever criterion for treating the motorist differently when pulling them over? Isn't that stretching the language a bit too far?

Everyone speeding has the intent to speed and break the law. How are some who are smart and have detectors somehow more guilty, if there is such a thing?

It seems to me there is no justified differential treatment here. The radar just pisses them off and out of spite they treat you differently. Am I on to something here?
WHOA WHOA fella, don't get all smart on them....
The forum is filled with the hypocrites....Thay talk about how fast they get in their own vehicles (primarily camaros, mustangs, dodge muscle cars). There was even one guy that even said that if he clocked two cars going the same speed and one was a Porsche, he'd pull the Porsche "cause they have the money" . Not all of them are a-holes but there are a few in there, kind of depressing that those guys work for the power trip.....
I couldn't give a rats *** if they will write me up because of the detector. I haven't had a ticket while using a detector since I've owned one, 7 years. And the only one I got was because I was not driving with one. Their pissing contest is not going to stop me from using one.
Old 01-20-2007, 02:20 AM
Eharrison
Nordschleife Master

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Oh, and I told them that I was heading to Aintry and they said.

"This river don't go to Aintry."
Old 01-20-2007, 03:43 PM
Coochas
Rennlist Member

Received 454 Likes on 230 Posts

Originally Posted by Eharrison
Oh, and I told them that I was heading to Aintry and they said.

"This river don't go to Aintry."
Oh oh,....your name isn't Ned is it?

Quick Reply: Radar Detectors - this is pretty entertaining