Notices
997 Forum 2005-2012
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Paintless Dent Removal: Los Angeles County (worth a read)

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2007, 08:48 PM
oalvarez
Rennlist Member

Received 52 Likes on 36 Posts
Default Paintless Dent Removal: Los Angeles County (worth a read)

Friends: don't ask me how i dented my rear left quarter panel (above wheel) but please know this:

If you have accessible dings or dents call and live in the Pasadena/Glendale/Alhambra or outer lying areas you must call "Quality First ... Paintless Dent Removal." The owner's name is Mark Ferrara who has been doing this for over nine (9) years. He comes highly referred by Kraft Autobody, Goudy Honda, and Marcos Autobody. Besides being a good guy (fun to talk shop with) Mark understands customer service. He was available and answering his phone at 8am this morning (Saturday) and called me when he said he would and was at our meeting place right on time (he comes to you). He took a great deal of time on my car and really seemed to care about the outcome and my feelings about it.

If you have a ding/dent and are wondering what your options are call Mark first. It was so much better than having to take the car to the body shop and leave it there for a few days (if not longer). If Mark can't do it then a body shop is your alternative. He is that good.

Quality First
Paintless Dent Removal
Mark Ferrara
cell: 562 572 4144

Regards

Last edited by oalvarez; 01-12-2007 at 02:23 AM.
Old 01-06-2007, 09:20 PM
Rick in Colorado
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Out of curiosity, what does the service cost? In your case at least. Obviously, I'm not near LA, but in case I want to use a local equivalent
Old 01-07-2007, 01:45 AM
oalvarez
Rennlist Member

fair question. $150 for about one hour of real work imparted on the car.

i was absolutely amazed wtih the end result. my biggest worry was that it was going to require more extensive work. Mark is so very skilled at his craft that he made it look a lot easier than it was. Believe me, so much better than the body shop alternative in this case.

Extatic.
Old 01-07-2007, 08:34 PM
OldManIn911
Intermediate

I had a similar very positive experience with Dent Wizard (Cleveland, OH), which I believe is a national franchise. Small dent in rear fender of my last 911.....dealer quoted about $650 (I don't recall exact amount). I took it to Dent Wizard and for $115 the dent was gone..... they wouldn't let me watch, said it was a "secret" process. Whatever.....it was quite amazing. Dents only......if paint is broken, Dent Wizard won't work.
Old 01-08-2007, 12:58 AM
oalvarez
Rennlist Member

LOS ANGELES: take my word on this one......he is working behind the scenes at some of the county's biggest retail auto chains and body shops....

i don't have anything personal to gain here, believe me. why pay for the alternative if you don't have to?

call Quality first (Mark) if you have a ding/dent in question

regards
Old 01-08-2007, 07:17 PM
Edgy01
Poseur
Rennlist Member

Received 229 Likes on 125 Posts

thanks for the insight!
Old 01-09-2007, 09:27 PM
Snoopy
Racer

Thanks. I've already passed this on to a friend that needs a dent removed.
Old 01-10-2007, 01:35 AM
oalvarez
Rennlist Member

well done. thanks for the vote of confidence.
Old 01-10-2007, 02:23 AM
Snoopy
Racer

Originally Posted by oalvarez
well done. thanks for the vote of confidence.
A couple of other dent guys were telling her she had to go to a body shop first or meet them at a body shop because the ding is above a rear wheel. Mark told her that he didn't think this would be necessary and that he could do the work at her house or work. She's really looking forward to finally getting this done! Thx for the recommendation.
Old 01-10-2007, 03:56 AM
rickrsm
Intermediate

I took your recomendation and I have Mark coming to fix the 1" dent just above my left rear wheel tomorrow AM. I'll report back with my experience.
Old 01-10-2007, 10:54 PM
rickrsm
Intermediate

Mark from Quality First came to my house today and magically made the dent on my rear fender disappear in less than an hour. Amazing! I highly recommend Mark.
Old 01-11-2007, 12:38 AM
oalvarez
Rennlist Member

that is absolute greatness.....glad someone could be of benefit. that would make two of us!
Old 01-11-2007, 02:57 AM
raffi
Pro

Originally Posted by Snoopy
A couple of other dent guys were telling her she had to go to a body shop first or meet them at a body shop because the ding is above a rear wheel. Mark told her that he didn't think this would be necessary and that he could do the work at her house or work. She's really looking forward to finally getting this done! Thx for the recommendation.
as we have seen with the clear bra installers, the pdr guys are definitely not all made equally.
I too have had good results with paintless dent removal on a dent that others said would not be able to fully be repaired
Old 01-11-2007, 02:38 PM
Snoopy
Racer

Okay, I just talked to Mark as I have two dings that I need removed. I think he's coming on Saturday. I'll let you know how it goes. Thanks!
Old 01-11-2007, 10:06 PM
rickrsm
Intermediate

I gave Mark a print out of this thread. He was very thankful and appreciated the endorsement from you. I don't think he realized the power of these kind of discussion forums.

Quick Reply: Paintless Dent Removal: Los Angeles County (worth a read)