Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2007, 10:44 PM
Deanski
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Breaking ZAINO News....

*****Post from another website of the new products*******

Zaino Clear Seal (CS)

This past October I attended a Corvette Show in New York. Sal Zaino was at the show, and I had a chance to meet him in person. After a half-hour chat two things stood out; Sal has a passion for cars and his product line up. He’s a human database of information.

I couldn’t resist the opportunity, so I asked Sal about products ‘in development’. He smiled, changed topics for a bit, and led me to his car. A moment later he appeared with a 1oz bottle of his latest invention. He called it ‘Clear Seal’. I was intrigued by this, but what he said next floored me.

Sal Claimed the following ‘Clear Seal’ Characteristics:

* ‘Wipe-On –N- Walk Away’. CS is a self curing ‘transparent’ sealer and does not require a final wipe down. It dries clean, and leaves no residue on the surface.

* Looks on par with Z5Pro.

* Improved Slickness vs. Z5Pro

* Optionally, CS can be applied over an existing sealer or carnauba LSP. Zaino is not required as a base, but your mileage will vary when using other products. (CS was designed to work best within the Zaino line-up). This is a subjective area, and something you will have to try for yourself.

* Does not require zfx.

* Clear Seal is a Hydropholic product meaning that it repells water well, but moisture / humidity during application can impact drying times, and in extreme cases produce a light film after the product has dried. This condition is easily resolved with a Z6 QD wipe down.

* Can be used on paint, trim, lighting, wheels, chrome, hard plastic molding, and interior wood trim.

After a demo of CS, I stood there shaking my head in amazement. The concept and technology behind CS is far more advanced than any other detailing product that I’ve seen.
Here’s a Quick Overview of My Testing:

*Test Vehicles: 2 SUV’s, 2 Mini-Vans, 2 Full Size Truck, and 3 Cars.

- I should note that I called Sal after trying the initial sample and BEGGED for another 1 oz. So a total of 2oz covered the above test vehicles.

Packaging, Look and Feel, Application:
My first CS sample came in a 1oz bottle, very similar to the ones shipped with zfx.

My second sample was packaged in a 1oz bottle with an ‘atomized fine mist’ spray head.

CS doesn’t have any noticeable odor.

CS is a clear liquid, resembling water. I applied a drop on my finger tip, and it was very slick –almost oily feeling.

I’ve applied CS in multiple climate conditions ranging from 34-80 degrees, damp weather, fog, full sun, and shade.

Use a new/unused dry applicator on dry paint (this is key).

The Zaino applicator or a MF applicator work best for me. Do not use a previously washed applicator, or one that has been used to apply another product. You want to start with a new ‘virgin’ applicator, and store it in a zip lock bag between uses. If you pick up some dirt, etc… retire the applicator for other duties.

1-2 mists per panel will cover a small/midsized vehicle. Oversized vehicles (Trucks, SUV’s) will require a bit more.

Wipe CS from front to back on top panels (hood, roof, trunk), and up and down on your vertical panels (doors, fenders). Work a section at a time, using a few passes per section covered.
CS begins drying as soon as it’s released from the sprayer.

CS can be used on your paint, trim, lighting, wheels, chrome, hard plastic molding, and interior wood trim.

DO NOT apply to wet or damp paint.

If you are planning to use Z8, wait until AFTER you apply CS. Z8 is very concentrated, and tends to interfere with CS.

If you have any polish or sealer residue left on your paint, it will cause CS to produce a film that will require a Z6 (or other) QD wipe down.

As I noted earlier, work in CS with several passes per section. You don’t want to saturate your applicator or over-mist an area as this can lead to longer drying times, and potentially leave you with a mild residue that will require a final wipe down.

Dry Time: In temps above 65 degrees, CS dries ‘optically clear’ in ~ 15 minutes (sometimes a little more, and sometimes a little less). In colder temps, CS takes ~ 30 minutes or longer.

********** PAY ATTENTION **********

Key Points:

Start with a NEW / DRY applicator. If you use an applicator that has been washed, or used to apply previous products, detergent and/or product residue will transfer to your paint, and the surface will dry ‘cloudy’. A Z6 QD will remove the residue.

Allow CS sufficient dry time.

If it’s damp, humid (i.e. high moisture content in the air) seal with Z2 or Z5 Pro and follow up with a coat of CS another day when the humidity conditions are lower.

********** END **********
I’ve experienced a few isolated incidents where CS dries and leaves behind a faint haze/film, similar to wiping off your paint with a wet towel and letting it air dry. A Z6 QD cleans up the haze with very little effort.

Application/Testing: What Polishes and LSP Have I Used With CS?
* Prep polishes used during testing: Menzerna, BF, 3M, AIO, ZPC .

* CS applied directly over LSP’s: Natty’s, PS, S100, FK-PW, 4* UPP, BF, Z5Pro, Z2Pro.

* Z6, #425, S&W, ISO wipe, and distilled water were all used to wipe down the paint before CS was applied. I prefer using Z6, but all of these products work.

This is a opy/paste from another site.

Also a new product: Zaino AIO polish coming soon!!

Regards,
Deanski
Old 01-05-2007, 08:18 AM
Frino
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'll be looking for CS on the zainobros.com site. Sounds like another great product. On a related note, I just applied the Zaino leather in a bottle product (Z10) this past weekend with great results. Not only does it condition the leather nicely without armor all-type residue, but the leather smell is intoxicating. Try Z10 if you want to experience that rich aroma of leather everytime you get into the P-Car cabin.
Old 01-05-2007, 09:47 AM
Deanski
Three Wheelin'

Here's what was up on Zaino store site, but took it down as they have yet to release it:

"QUITE WORKING TOO HARD & WASTING TIME!

JUST APPLY & LET DRY!

Zaino Z-CS Clear Seal is finally here after years in development. From conception to realization, the principal and design emphasis of Zaino Z-CS Clear Seal was quite fundamental - an advanced total synthetic polymer protectant that is simply wiped on, and that's it! Yes, achieve Zaino award winning gloss and protective durability in ONE simple wipe on step. Wipe on, and walk away, you're done. No buffing. No final wipe down. Simplicity at it's best. Just apply & let dry.

Zaino is pioneering the industry with Z-CS, a self curing transparent sealer that doesn't require any buffing or final wiping. Z-CS dries clean and without residue. Use Z-CS on paint, glass, wheels, plastic, or trim for the protection, durability, slickness, and gloss that Zaino is most popular for.

No more short-lived-shine carnauba or silicone based products. No more weak or soft waxes that offer weeks if not mere days of protection. And finally, no more laboring over application. Z-CS is it.

For up to 9 months protection to top coat Zaino Show Car Polish protectants, or use Z-CS by itself (no ZFX). You can even use Z-CS as a top coat to add high-gloss and improved durability to ANY other manufacturer's product.

You'll have to forgive our enthusiasm for the release of Z-CS. We are VERY proud to have accomplished the height of product simplicity with a no compromise approach to cutting edge development and industry leading gloss and durability. There simply is not another product like Z-CS in the industry.

Less than 1/4 ounce of Z-CS will complete an average sized vehicle.

VOC free."

Regards,
Deanski
Old 01-05-2007, 09:58 AM
Deanski
Three Wheelin'

And here's one regarding Zaino AIO soon to come:

From the Zaino website before that page was made unavailable:

"How does Z-AIO compare to Z-PC?
Z-AIO is a less abrasive product that does contain any protectant. For minor oxidation and surface debris cleansing, Z-AIO can handle it. If it's necessary to work a little deeper to resolve more serious surface imperfections, Z-PC should be used. Use of Z-PC requires follow up with another protectant like Z-2 or Z-5 PRO, or even Z-CS Clear Seal, while Z-AIO does not."

Deanski
Old 01-05-2007, 10:45 AM
InTheAir
Nordschleife Master

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Very interesting.

I'm a big Zaino fan--it's shine and durability are awesome.
Old 01-05-2007, 11:39 AM
Deanski
Three Wheelin'

There is more info on the newer products over at Autopia.org including some pics of one member who is beta testing it. So far, quite a lot of interest and discussions on the subject. You can read more over there about it.

There is also another sealant from Optimum to be released as well.

I also tried to inform the "other" detail site (Detailcity) but a moderator thought it was or I was a shill and removed my post. Seems they have become very narrow minded there.

I hear it's ready to be packaged and release soon (the CS product) and do not know when the AIO product will also be ready, but sure worth a shot if it comes from Sal!

Regards,
Deanski
Old 01-06-2007, 09:20 AM
Deanski
Three Wheelin'

Just a reminder, the starting post was copied from another forum and is NOT SHILL type advertising in anyway. It was done with the intent to inform of a new release of products from Zaino and the results.

The only way to be objective is to try it (which I plan to do) and write a review pro or con on how it works, looks, performs etc.

The very same thread also got me banned after many years of membership over at Detail City, a forum for detailers. Although I attempted to state my intrest and to just to say it was just to point out that is a release of a new product, my followup post was also removed as I also thanked the members, then my account was locked out and banned.

Now, most of us use some type of wax or sealant and have come to really like or dislike a product. We try to stay objective on posting results and sometimes it may upset someone who may have a different opinion. As long as it's constructive and can be demonstrated why pro/con product XYZ does what it does/does not do etc is also a good way to see results in that objective format.

So, just as a reminder, this was with the intention to show that Zaino has a new set of products that are now being tested by members on another forum and what they are finding so far. It is not a SHILL or hype-up the product, I have yet to try it myself so I cannot make any judgements.

I also know Optimum line is also releseing a sealant and if it's as good as their polishes, it will be one nice product!

Deanski
Old 01-06-2007, 12:52 PM
Bum
Advanced

I'm sorry to hear that Detail City closed you out for what I come here to find in the forum; good honest information of products coming down the line but not yet officially announced and a good-hearted debate of various topics posed by members and non-members alike. Unfortunately in this day and age everyone is quick to jump on someone when their views seem overly (read advertisement-like) optimistic as we know how miuch you like the Zaino products. But you got a scoop straight from the horses mouth (no offense Sal if you see this)!

I've tried Zaino not only because of what you've reported but also because of what others have experienced. I love it and I'll either stick to it or try some other wonder sealant if an opportunity arises. But please keep the information coming and I hope I'm not out of line in saying that we appreciate it here.

I think I'm old enough to understand the difference between hype and excitement and you my man are not about the hype, in my opinion of course.
Old 01-06-2007, 08:43 PM
Bob in NY
Drifting

Received 106 Likes on 47 Posts

Thanks for the update, I too have been a Zaino fan for about 8 years now. Every new product takes it up to the next level.
Old 01-06-2007, 08:45 PM
Matt(inMA)
Not in MA anymore
Rennlist Member

Received 257 Likes on 131 Posts

Thanks for sharing the details. I used Zaino for the first time on my new 997 and the results were more than expected. This new product sounds too good to be true!! Can't wait to try it.

Matt
Old 01-07-2007, 02:27 AM
Deanski
Three Wheelin'

More info on Autopia.org site with a few pics as well.

Another forum, Detailersclub.com also has more on the product.

I got a call today from Sal Zaino on another issue that we both had a good laugh, but here's what I can say:

The new CS will be in production soon, labels are being developed for the new system. He's had many people testing it and providing feedback pro or con to correct any faults.

The new Zaino AIO will be in the same type range as most other AIO (All In One) cleaner/polish/protection but will have limited Zaino sealant in it. What it will do is clean, polish, and protect for about several months. To extend the protection, all one has to do is coat with Z5 or Z2.

Another tip. If you experience streaking from the use of Z8 over any Z5 or Z2 protected finish, do the following. In a new, clean spray bottle, add some Z8, then, add only about 1/8 of distilled water to the Z8 in the new bottle and mix well. Use that and it should stop streaking. Z8 is very concentrated.

Also, sometimes when I mix up my last Z2 and ZFX, I spray a small amount of Z8 into the mix and shake it really good, then let it set in the bottle for 15-20 minutes before application. Then, one last spray down the entire finish with Z6, wipe off and mist my pad with Z6, then apply the Z2/ZFX/Z8 mix on. Let it fully cure, wipe off. Mist on Z8 and it's looking much deeper and wetter.

For anything the new AIO will not get out, the ZPC polish will be the next step up to cut and polish.

The new CS is all new technology on an old idea. Looks very good from what I've seen.

Regards,
Deanski
Old 01-07-2007, 10:45 PM
10 GT3
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

No Zaino here. I used it before I started competing in car shows. Never won a trophy with it. Talked to those with the trophies and switched. With Meguiar's Mirror Glaze No. 7 Show Car Glaze, I am 3 for 4.
Old 01-07-2007, 11:09 PM
4thporsche
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I don't think most of us on this forum are doing the show thing. Speaking for myself, I am looking for a long lasting, good looking, low maintenance solution. hmm.... not talking about women.....
Old 01-08-2007, 08:01 AM
Deanski
Three Wheelin'

I've had Zaino on the car since I took delivery. I took delivery in April.

It still shines very deep, as it has Z5 and Z2 pro applied, but maintained with Z8 as it adds a deeper look to it. Getting very close to a wax look, deep/wet look, not quite there but damn close.

Wax, remember is a film, mostly yellow. So looking through wax gives a yellowish tint and not as clear. Even bleached wax (white), still when you look through it, it's a bit hazy.

Sealants for the most part, are very clear. This is where you get the high reflective nature of them. On silver metallics, it looks very deep, like an additional cleatcoat. That's the beauty of sealants, very clear, lasts very very long and take little to maintain.

BTW, some waxes now are adding polymers to their mix in an effort to keep the look longer, and to compete with sealants. Pure wax mixtures are wax and oils with a binder (oils can range to silicone as well) to give you that deep wet look. Real wax such as the high-end Zymol look great, but don't last that long. Now, I think that Chuck (Zymol) has added some additional oils to prolong the effect.

An old trick at Concours events is to use Pledge or other furniture polish due to the high levels of oils to add depth. In fact, in one of the Excelence mags, they show a woman doing just that! The correct way was to use Meguiars SHow Car Glaze #7, which can be a real pain to work with. You have to let it skin over like a hot pudding, then start wiping it down. Too early and is smears all over the place.

The newer Zaino, CS and AIO will add to those looking for a longer lasting product or get them introduced to Zaino. Mostly, it seems the testers have done straight CS, CS with Z5 or Z2, Zaino AIO alone, with CS or Z5 etc. Interesting to see how these combos will effect the look.

Keep you eye on the Zaino website for release.

Regards,
Deanski

Last edited by Deanski; 01-08-2007 at 11:27 AM.

Quick Reply: Breaking ZAINO News....