Sponsored by:

New User and Glad to Be Here

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2006 | 12:09 AM
diverdan
Intermediate

Default New User and Glad to Be Here

Howdy All,

I am the proud owner of a '07 997 C2S. I probably have one of the few wives that would actually talk their husband into buying a more expensive sports car. I was all set to get another vette (Z06 or at least Z-51) when she dropped the bomb that she would rather be seen in a Porsche: I certainly didn't hesitate to take her up on it.

I've put three hundred miles on it thusfar and am anxious to stretch it out some when the drivetrain is broken in.

Kudos to Sam at Premier for getting the protective film on the front end in short order and in extremely professional manner.

This forum was invaluable for gathering information on what model and options I wanted, as well as what I didn't.

A picture to follow as soon as I have enought posts.
Attached Images  
Old 12-21-2006 | 12:17 AM
Tedder Bear
Needs a Chuckle
Rennlist Member

Congrats on the great looking car. I'm sure your enjoyment will only continue to grow.

Also, welcome to the forum. Sounds like it's already helped you some. Becareful though it can be addictive just like the p-cars.
Old 12-21-2006 | 12:29 AM
MyEmily
Racer

She is a looker isn't she??? And you are one lucky dude too!!!! Having a wife up the ante. The vette is nice but a Porsche is in it own league!!! I was looking at a Carrera only, but my wife upped to a C4S just because it have a nice round butt! My Emily should be back home tommorrow. She went into the shop due to rattling at the front. It turned out to be a loose swaybar link... Yep, tommorrow she wil be back home. I needed to take some photos of her to show her off to the board.. The Colbalt blue is so nice...and that big butt!!! Oh How I missed her!!!!

Enjoy you new P-car!!!!You have some nice long road near your city. Test it out but becareful!!!
Old 12-21-2006 | 12:39 AM
MyEmily
Racer

BTW, how much did Premiere charge for there services? Since I lived in LA, it's dificult to fit into their schedule. I've tried several time to contact and email them. Limited responses. Seem like they are too good at what they do and have the luxury to ignore. Having me hunting them down to give them works, I would like to find equals to work on my Emily. But if their works are that good, maybe I'll have to wait...Is their work that good? Cost? Appreciated a response and thanks in advance...
Old 12-21-2006 | 12:41 AM
kauai_diver
Straight to Video
Rennlist Member

Welcome and congrats, you'll love her!

And your wife sounds like a real keeper
Old 12-21-2006 | 12:54 AM
Deven
Pro

I think a lot of our wifes are secretly savy with what is acceptable. I too 'threatened' to get a vette, but my wife stated that there is no way she would be seen in that car and gave me carte blanche to get anything else, even at twice the price. Our wives know best......
Old 12-21-2006 | 01:09 AM
diverdan
Intermediate

Originally Posted by MyEmily
BTW, how much did Premiere charge for there services? Since I lived in LA, it's dificult to fit into their schedule. I've tried several time to contact and email them. Limited responses. Seem like they are too good at what they do and have the luxury to ignore. Having me hunting them down to give them works, I would like to find equals to work on my Emily. But if their works are that good, maybe I'll have to wait...Is their work that good? Cost? Appreciated a response and thanks in advance...
Its sort of like a buffett. They have a precut kit that covers the basics but they also do custom stuff as well. I had the full hood (98% anyway), full custom front, and the rear outer edge of the all four fenderwells on top of the precut kit and my total was about $1700 after tax. I view that as money well spent on the long term appearance of the car.

They were working on a Ferrari 360 when I got there and the Ferrari dealership was trucking another one in when I left (a 599, I think).
Old 12-21-2006 | 01:11 AM
Crazy Canuck
Race Director

Welcome. The slippery slope has become steep.
Old 12-21-2006 | 01:15 AM
diverdan
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Tedder Bear
Congrats on the great looking car. I'm sure your enjoyment will only continue to grow.

Also, welcome to the forum. Sounds like it's already helped you some. Becareful though it can be addictive just like the p-cars.
I was a long time member of the Corvette Forum (C-5 and C-5 Z06), with additional stints at the GTO forum and Cadillac Forum (CTS-V). I know how valuable the knowledge base is on these forums: It's is a long way from the LS-6 to the 3.8 Flat 6.
Old 12-21-2006 | 10:01 AM
gota911
Newbies Hospitality Director
Lifetime Rennlist

Dan - welcome to the Porsche Phunny Pharm! Congrats on getting a very nice looking P-car! Spend another $30 +/- to get clear side markers so you can get rid of the "pumpkin look." The car will look much better after that small modification.
Old 12-21-2006 | 10:19 AM
Coochas
Rennlist Member

Welcome to Rennlist and congrats on your purchase.
Old 12-21-2006 | 11:23 AM
cvazquez
Three Wheelin'

Smart wife, recommend you keep her!

Welcome aboard and enjoy the P-car in good health!!
Old 12-21-2006 | 11:35 AM
The B
Racer

Congratulations on the car, while your at it, I recommend you to have some protective film on the rear wheel well the soft plastic seems to absorb rock chips. My wife is from the same line of car thinking...if your going to get it "get a real one".
Old 12-21-2006 | 05:59 PM
RonCT
Rennlist Member

I'm lucky to have a similar wife - one that talked me out of the Cayman and into the 997S. Not because she has any desire to be "seen" in any particular car, but because she knew the 911 was what I'd always wanted and she felt I shouldn't settle for something else. Dealer says the Cobalt Blue will be here on the 29th...

Congratulations and welcome!
Old 12-21-2006 | 06:09 PM
MyEmily
Racer

You are one lucky dude here too!!! Got a wife so understanding.. And Cobalt Blue...Hum... That's a nice blue!!!! Will post my Cobalt Blue soon... Congrat and happy holidays

Quick Reply: New User and Glad to Be Here