Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My Dream Car got smashed.

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2006, 09:25 PM
Coochas
Rennlist Member

Received 477 Likes on 241 Posts

Sorry to hear it DJ...it looks really easily repairable. My guess is that it is going to look brand new afterwards.
No worries!
And here's a group hug from Rennlist for you!
Old 12-12-2006, 10:19 PM
997Opus
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Glad you are ok. I am so sorry.
Old 12-12-2006, 10:50 PM
DJ23
Rennlist Member

Received 88 Likes on 64 Posts

Thanks for all the well wishes, especially at this time of the year. I won't have a final report until Friday, but to date all insurances involved are trying to reach an agreement without getting involved in legal details. The main reason is today we did find out that the entire rear bumper will have to be replaced and re-soldered in place. Also the engine would have to be removed to assess any further internal damage. The Porsche auto repair person couldn't guarantee the performance of the car but said he would do his best to solder to factory specifications. At that moment I told him he could stop and said I would be in touch with him after I spoke with my insurance rep. After speaking with Travelers, and my rep is fantastic by the way, I told him my worst case scenario would be to have their insurance repair the car, completely detail it, and I would then sell to Danbury Porsche Dealership for what ever price they would give me. I also would have them compensate for the diminished value that was lost due to their drivers negligence and begin the process of ordering and buying a new car. I won't settle for third best here. No way. I was the victim and I will excercise all of my legal rights. I will buy a new car even if it cost me financially in the long run. The sad part is that I know my car is gone.
My advice to all is always look in your rear view mirror when stopped. Don't let anyone ride on your bumper. 911's are low to the ground and hard to see, especially those driving elevated SUV's. And protect yourself at all times. I will report back to you by this weekend.

Once again thanks for all the kind words.

Happy Holidays

Jay
Old 12-12-2006, 11:21 PM
Deanski
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by DJ23
I won't settle for third best here. No way. I was the victim and I will excercise all of my legal rights. Jay
You should not settle for anything less than what the car was prior to the time of the accident. If there is any questionable nature to the full repair of your car to the same level, then the insurance company must compensate you for your loss. Go over all detail of your coverage with your attorney and do it NOW! Leave no stone unturned to protect yourself FIRST! Never trust insurance companies.

I hope Danbury can get it back to 100%. If they are in doubt, then halt work and get with your attorney to proceed on collecting the value of the car so you can obtain another. Make sure you have all modification costs also added into the value.

Let's just hope all will go smoothly and quickly.

Keep in touch

Regards,
Deanski
Old 12-12-2006, 11:22 PM
mglobe
The Penguin King
Rennlist Member

Received 118 Likes on 84 Posts

Hang in there Jay. I went through exactly the same thing, and ended up with a diminished value settlement that made me whole on the value of my car. I then traded up for a new S. It hurts like hell while it's going on, but in the end you'll come out fine. Again, PM me if you want details on the DV settlement.

Sorry you've got to go through it, but glad you're ok.
Old 12-12-2006, 11:23 PM
jpcourt
Burning Brakes

Jay sorry to hear of your loss, glad you were not injured, good luck with all the BS you are going through!
Old 12-13-2006, 05:06 PM
DJ23
Rennlist Member

Received 88 Likes on 64 Posts

Sorry guys but a resolution is forthcoming. I have been advised by my representatives to close this thread. I want to thank all for your encouragement and well wishes. I will speak to you again after I place my new order and when my new car arrives. Take Care and God Bless.

Jay

Quick Reply: My Dream Car got smashed.