Sponsored by:

My Dream Car got smashed.

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2006, 02:57 AM
Edgy01
Poseur
Rennlist Member

Received 235 Likes on 128 Posts

Please understand that today's cars and repair shops are incredibly good. They will be able to make that puppy right again. In the meantime,--me thinks she needs to be renting you a 911...
Old 12-12-2006, 03:26 AM
THPorsche
Rennlist Member

Received 35 Likes on 24 Posts

man, that's terrible! We are glad you were not injured. Hope you will get the car back soon.
Old 12-12-2006, 03:53 AM
kauai_diver
Straight to Video
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My condolences sorry to hear.

Hope its not serious to warrant a replacement.
Old 12-12-2006, 04:42 AM
jugger911
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

That sucks! Looks to be repairable. I ALWAYS leave a little room in front of me just for crap like this. I look in my rear-view at all stop lights, and cringe until I see them stop. Sometimes it can't be helped. Sorry.
Old 12-12-2006, 09:50 AM
texas911
Race Car

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Damn, that sucks. I know how you must feel. I get upset when I get a rock chip.
Old 12-12-2006, 10:01 AM
Alstoy
Burning Brakes

Sorry to hear about the car, but glad you're ok. I always keep an eye behind me for this reason. Don't know what I would do though if I felt that I was going to be rear ended. Not to flame the fire, but when are they going to ban non-hands free cell phone use in cars. Everytime I look at the cars around me, they have a cell phone in one hand and maybe the steering wheel in the other. Hope it all works out for you.
Old 12-12-2006, 10:04 AM
Deanski
Three Wheelin'

Angry This Really Blows!!

Geezzzus H Christ She fled the scene at first? I hope the State Trooper gave her the max in tickets and fines and made it very clear to her that since she DID leave the scene, she could be charged with a felony!

I'll put money on it too that she was on the cell phone! See this all too often both with soccer moms and landscape trucks in the area. Christ, they can't even negotiate a shopping asile in Stop&Shop while on the phone, how the hell are they going to operate a vehicle?

Jay, I'm really sorry to hear and see the damage. This is one of my fears as well, being rear-ended by some soccer mom in an SUV/mini-van or by a landscape truck.

I've seen the work that can be done to ones Porsche at Danbury. Did you ever see the white GT3 that tagged the wall over at Lime-Rock? That one was in really bad shape, but after it was done, I did see it back at the dealer and looked like nothing happened.

I'd make sure that Danbury looks and tests every item as it was when it rolled out of the factory to make sure it's back 100%. I'm sure they will knowing Jeff and staff, they'll leave nothing to chance!

I hope your insurance company will first correct the damage to your satisfaction and then make sure this woman pays big time.

If this is going through Norwalk court for her fines, I'd like to know. A family member is the asst DA/Prosecutor in Norwalk. I can make sure this person will get the max penalty of fines!

I'll have to stop by Danbury to see how things are going.

If you want, PM me to follow up with Norwalk Court system.

Regards,
Deanski
Old 12-12-2006, 11:09 AM
Dariof
Not an Addict?
Rennlist Member

Received 24 Likes on 10 Posts

Very sorry...As you said however, you walked away to drive a Porsche another day.

BTW: Awesome license plate.
Old 12-12-2006, 11:43 AM
poppadt
8th Gear

That's terrible! Glad your ok! I can only imagine how you must feel emotionally.
Old 12-12-2006, 12:32 PM
stubenhocker
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

that's horrible! glad you're ok, i see this terrible driving every day. Like you I leave room in front, but theres not a heckuva lot you can do about the rear!

Sounds like your dealer is pretty skilled, good luck with the insurance co's!
Old 12-12-2006, 02:25 PM
jcf7
Pro

Received 14 Likes on 8 Posts

Jay,
I can’t believe it. I can only imagine how you feel. Besides not getting hurt, the good news is that you are willing to get another car if this one is not perfectly fixed. Therefore, do your best to relax…..you’ll soon be in a perfect Porsche, one way or another.

I hope all works out for you. Best regards,
Old 12-12-2006, 02:58 PM
ohsixx
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It is tough, but you will get over it. The initial feeling is so rotten though!

My car was hit my a shopping cart last month. After waiting three weeks, the body shop fixed it as good as new.

This morning there were rubber tire chucks scattered all over the road. The stuff probably came off a large truck tire. A piece of it flew up and hit my passenger's door. The entire door needs painting now.

Back to the body shop Jan 15th.

Good luck with yours.
Old 12-12-2006, 03:45 PM
cvazquez
Three Wheelin'

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The car is important, but you are much more important. Thankfully you walked away from the accident. Take the P-car to the best body shop money can buy and sit down with the owner/manager and let them know that you expect perfection. In order to prevent overspray … if possible you want them to paint ALL the parts OFF the P-car.
Old 12-12-2006, 05:37 PM
rcg412
Rennlist Member

Received 122 Likes on 81 Posts

sucks... it doesnt look terrible though should be fixed good as new. I am in NY so if you are looking for alternative shops feel free to PM me.
Old 12-12-2006, 07:00 PM
waiting for PDK
Racer

Received 41 Likes on 25 Posts

Jay,

Not to pick at a fresh scab, but can you describe the SUV. Your damage seems very centered, not spread out as if impacted by a bumper or [useless] brush bar. Did the SUV have a winch of some sort?

Just curious since I worked at a body shop over the summers way back in college. (Ah, the stories I could tell...)

Quick Reply: My Dream Car got smashed.