Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

slate Grey with Natural Grey int.?

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2006, 11:48 AM
E55AMG
Rennlist Member

Received 681 Likes on 346 Posts
Default slate Grey with Natural Grey int.?

Any issues with this? It's my understanding that the natural grey is just about black so should be OK. I've also heard that the "natural" is a much nicer (whatever that means LOL) leather and wondering if it's worth the $1,500 or so upcharge on the TT I have an April build for.

It's funny, but I had pretty much decided I was not going nuts with options - one or two leather pieces on top of chrono, LSD, adaptives and some others. In the last few days I've gone nuts with options, realizing Im pretty sure I'll be keeping this one for a while and wanting to make sure it's as PERFECT as I can get it. That's not crazy is it?
Old 12-09-2006, 02:12 PM
Deven
Pro

Received 204 Likes on 104 Posts

I have natural grey leather. I was gonna do regular leather, but I am glad with the difference. It is a price to pay for a sense of uniqueness. The main reason that I got it is because I liked the color. It does look very dark, but it is not black. The leather is perfect and will go with almost any color.

I thought I had some better pictures, but I cannot seem to find them. I will search some more.

Old 12-09-2006, 02:43 PM
cleanme
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Deven, love the interior. Even more because like you said, it's not black. I like black interior but sometimes I find it too dark, or something small but this natural leather you have is very nice.

EDIT: E55 AMG, if you have the money and you're going to keep it than I wouldn't worry. I paid cash for mine and now I wish I optioned it out a bit more-especially with the leather bits & pieces. Reason being, now I find myself buying more options that would have been cheaper had I got them at ordering. For instance I've already bought red belts, door sills and now I'm looking at some leather bits for the console and pretty sure I'm going to buy the wood kit for steering wheel, shifter, ebrake and that piece across the dash.

So in short, order what you want (within reason obviously) because you'll be saying "Hmmm, I wonder what that would have looked like.."!
Old 12-09-2006, 03:04 PM
D.D.
Race Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by cleanme
So in short, order what you want (within reason obviously) because you'll be saying "Hmmm, I wonder what that would have looked like.."!
Exactly!!! I have the stone grey.....very pleased with the shade...not too dark and light enough to brighten the interior. Congrats on the car!
Old 12-09-2006, 04:12 PM
Edgy01
Poseur
Rennlist Member

Received 244 Likes on 135 Posts

Originally Posted by E55AMG
Any issues with this? It's my understanding that the natural grey is just about black so should be OK. I've also heard that the "natural" is a much nicer (whatever that means LOL) leather and wondering if it's worth the $1,500 or so upcharge on the TT I have an April build for.

It's funny, but I had pretty much decided I was not going nuts with options - one or two leather pieces on top of chrono, LSD, adaptives and some others. In the last few days I've gone nuts with options, realizing Im pretty sure I'll be keeping this one for a while and wanting to make sure it's as PERFECT as I can get it. That's not crazy is it?

It's not crazy unless you're just holding the car for the next guy. Many people here on Rennlist regret not getting some minor thing because of $450 or so and wind up kicking themselves. Just equip it like you're going to keep it.
Old 12-09-2006, 06:12 PM
RAKLAW
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I saw a 997TT this afternoon at NC in Greenwich. It is Meteor w/ Natural Gray and Carbon Fiber. In all honesty I could barely discern the difference between black. and IMHO the carbon looks beeter with the black interior as I have in my Cab. Definitely not worth the extra $$ for the natural grey. Natural brown on the other hand is worth the $$
Old 12-09-2006, 06:15 PM
RAKLAW
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Forgot to mention..I did not see any difffernce in quality or feel from full leather in black..and I was specifically looking for a difference
Old 12-09-2006, 06:28 PM
Phil G.
Race Car

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
Default I like black better ....

because that's what I have. I think the natural gray is a knockout - downright gorgeous. Especially with Atlas (I've got that, too!!

Quick Reply: slate Grey with Natural Grey int.?