Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Paint it black

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2006, 12:22 PM
Sunshine
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Can you order Porsche OEM painted wheels from a dealership?
Old 12-01-2006, 12:42 PM
Sloth
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 7 Likes on 1 Post

Gloss black is nice for the street. IMHO, save the flat finish for the track. You can get your wheels painted at most any body shop. Look for the ones that do custom paint work... ie hot rod shops.

My custom finished GT3 wheels.

Old 12-01-2006, 07:56 PM
Steven_H
Pro

Received 85 Likes on 37 Posts

I have Classic 19's on my black Carrera S and have also been considering black wheels. But I like the new RS all black wheels better than the black center/polished rim style. Tomorrow, I am putting 18" Flat Black JCW wheels on my Mini S JCW convertible. Should knock the chick car character out of it
Old 12-01-2006, 11:24 PM
Deanski
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I too wanted the black "S" wheels as well. Problem is I was slow after order went in and could not change it.

I also wanted painted seatbacks as well.

If I could do it again I'd get them. In fact, I mayself may be orderinga set from Wheel enhancement. I'd exchange your set for a black set. But that's just me.

Then, one day at the dealer, I saw a new "S" that resembles my car since they liked it so much. It's got an Aerokit, but in Basalt Black. Anyway, it has the new turbo wheels on it. Very sharp looking. I'll have to get a picture of it one day.

Go with the black wheels! Just don't forget to treat them with a sealant so they are easy to clean.

Post pics when you can.

Regards,
Deanski

Quick Reply: Paint it black