Sponsored by:

With pse, now my 911 sounds like...

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2006, 10:07 AM
ohsixx
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Tedder Bear
ohsixx - I have the Fabspeed and am very pleased. When do you expect to have it installed?
I am glad to hear you like it. It is enroute to me now. So, I might have it on in a few days.
Old 03-05-2007, 12:48 AM
Sharptt
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Question Warranty if PSE not factory installed

Originally Posted by DK911
I think I remember reading that the Autoweek long term car also had problems with the PSE...
DK
I was all set to have PSE added to my new car by the dealer who sold it to me, but I was informed that the warranty on after-delivery installations would not be for the 4 years like the rest of the car. Service tech said it would probably be for 90 days if I do a full install with switch, vacuum, etc. and nada if I elect just to have the mufflers without the electronics hooked up. Also, supposedly if I self-install or purchase the mufflers from another (read less-expensive) source, not to expect much help. Furthermore, I was told that they've seen quite a few factory installed PSE mufflers that have developed loose baffles, rattles, etc. Anyone else gone to the dealer for an after delivery PSE system and heard similar stories? Anyone been told that Porsche would stand behind their parts for the life of the original warranty?
Old 03-05-2007, 07:43 AM
larrytrk
Rennlist Member

Received 74 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally Posted by Sharptt
I was all set to have PSE added to my new car by the dealer who sold it to me, but I was informed that the warranty on after-delivery installations would not be for the 4 years like the rest of the car. Service tech said it would probably be for 90 days if I do a full install with switch, vacuum, etc. and nada if I elect just to have the mufflers without the electronics hooked up. Also, supposedly if I self-install or purchase the mufflers from another (read less-expensive) source, not to expect much help. Furthermore, I was told that they've seen quite a few factory installed PSE mufflers that have developed loose baffles, rattles, etc. Anyone else gone to the dealer for an after delivery PSE system and heard similar stories? Anyone been told that Porsche would stand behind their parts for the life of the original warranty?
I believe all Porsche parts have a 2 year warranty! For full warranty it had to be factory placed!
Old 03-05-2007, 07:56 AM
RonCT
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

PSE when ordered with the car if you are not heading to the track sounds like a fantastic option. I've driven a PSE car myself and wondered why even have the switch - it sounded great low or high RPM. But for me (track guy), PSE was not attractive because to be honest with you I couldn't care less how the car sounds to the public - to have it sound different for $2,400 was not of interest because it's heavy and is restrictive. So to me if you are considering aftermarket, consider all of the pros / cons. A unit like AWE comes with a lifetime warranty, weighs less than stock, is less restrictive (thus gains), costs half as much, and sounds great. Different than stock, oem, Fabspeed, Tubi, etc. They all have an individual personality.

Quick Reply: With pse, now my 911 sounds like...