Cooling fan issue

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2006, 11:45 PM
1999Porsche911
Race Car

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by 99firehawk
sorry man you are wrong, if the sensor is hanging near or touching the head
(the head is made of metal not plastic like the intake) the fan will stay on, and you can get an message for engine comparment fan failure
Ive seen it at least 10 times, on more then one car and i dont get all my iinformation from what i read on the internet

Well, if you want to believe what you said, I guess there is no changing your mind even tho every 997 but the ones you work on do not act that way.

I have to assume that you know where the heads are on a flat 6. You might want to take a look at the next one that comes in and try to get the sensor to a position directly above or on the head. I think you'll find that it is quite difficult to do, even deliberately and quite impposibloe for the sensor to fall off and find itself anywhere near the head. You might also want to take a reading of the temperature above the head and then report back as to why the fan would run all the time.
Old 04-01-2011, 05:38 PM
Skibum
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Sorry to revive an old thread.

The compartment fan on my 2005 997 does not come on all the time, but is on probably 95% of the time.
No dash warnings. Even in 40 degree weather it's on all the time once the car warms up.
Can I safely narrow this down to the sensor that is in between the runners?
Can I test using a VOM?
Does the sensor just pull straight out? (is it just in a rubber gasket)

Thanks

Quick Reply: Cooling fan issue