Legacy of the 997

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2006, 03:05 PM
OCBen
Banned

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by Le Chef
Greetings from Blackburn!

The problem is MOVING holes around the factory. Production wise here in Blackburn Lancashire we're up to 40,000 holes a year. We've lost a few over time which can be a bit tricky when a worker falls into one. We're also currently missing a fork-lift truck which we believe fell into a hole that it was transporting that fell off the forks by accident.

We still have a problem with the factory roof though. Still fixing the hole where the rain gets in, but I guess it stops the designers' minds from wondering...

In terms of the design philosophy we think we can see our way though that problem without encountering unwanted circular arguments.
Not bad.

I'll have to add it to your other account.

Btw, hope you find your forklift ... and your missing worker too.

Just curious, but I don't suppose you have any ho's working there, do you? Or is that the department next door? It might explain your missing worker.
Old 11-10-2006, 03:19 PM
Alan Smithee
Rennlist Member

Received 295 Likes on 146 Posts

I'm not so sure this applies to the interior. Ever tried to find the switch for the soft top in an air-cooled 911?

It's as if the engineer/designer found him/herself at 5:29 on a Friday evening with a bunch of switches in a box and knew they had to present the dash design to management 1st thing on the Monday morning.

In the remaining minute of the week they added glue to each switch, closed their eyes, threw the fistfulls of sticky switches at the dash, turned round, turned off the lights, and went home for the weekend.
Absolutely true that. However, that's more to my point of the later air-cooled cars not being as attractive as the early cars (pre-AC, power convertible tops, moveable rear spoilers, multiple stereo speakers, etc.)...

I'll concede that when it comes to 911s...up to and including the 997...it does seem like somebody stuffs a bunch of switches up their nose and sneezes them about the cabin. It's part of their, um, charm.
Old 11-10-2006, 03:51 PM
Le Chef
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Holes

Originally Posted by OCBen
Just curious, but I don't suppose you have any ho's working there, do you? Or is that the department next door? It might explain your missing worker.
No ho's. They left when we sold the as*holes division to KBR...
Old 11-10-2006, 04:13 PM
OCBen
Banned

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

No ho's. They left when we sold the as*holes division to KBR...
And they're doing great. You can spot their employees anywhere. Guess they know how to handle the bottom line.

Quick Reply: Legacy of the 997