Selling my Club Coupe

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2006, 11:59 AM
labcars
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 78 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by LVDell
I know what he is asking. But his statement of what he thinks it is worth begs the question. What exactly is south of six figures though? 99K?

If I were in the market for a 997C2SX51 then I would treat it pricewise as just another 06MY car with those options and see where it falls.
No offense, but you DON'T know what I'm asking with any degree of precision. In post #12, I said the same thing you did......it's a used MY06 C2S with low miles and is priced accordingly at less than six figures. That does not mean $99,999. I'm not a believer in that school of marketing. I've bought and sold a LOT of sheetmetal over the years and have always appreciated sellers who were realistic and truly wanting to do a deal. When I'm a seller, I always do likewise. I'd be delighted to PM you my asking price if your interested in the car, but pleas don't put words in my mouth. Thanks, Les
Old 10-28-2006, 12:19 PM
LVDell
Nordschleife Master

Received 28 Likes on 23 Posts

ease up there Les, I NEVER said I know you exact number. You said you were asking south of six figures and I stated I know that you are asking that when I said I know what you are asking. Obviously you failed to read the post before mine and understand something called context. My example of 99K has a question mark after indicating I don't know what you exact number is since I ask "what exactly is south of of six figures" Maybe I should have added 99? 98? 97? 85? Who knows? to help you understand context better. You really need to lighten up and not take offense so easily. I wished you luck with the sale of your car and also stated I hope you are able to get whatever you can for it so please get off your perch and quit trying to come across with that better than everybody else attitude.
Old 10-28-2006, 12:42 PM
labcars
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by LVDell
You really need to lighten up and not take offense so easily. I wished you luck with the sale of your car and also stated I hope you are able to get whatever you can for it so please get off your perch and quit trying to come across with that better than everybody else attitude.
Thanks for the good luck wishes. I actually took no offense whatsoever, but rather was just taking exception to your statement that "I know what he's asking..." I am puzzled by how you can read a "better than everybody else attitude" in to anything I've written, but hey, eye of the beholder. I'm not that good at "post analysis" to form a view on anyone's character and pass judgement from reading a half dozen posts. Foolishly, I also thought we were all on the same Porsche perch. Have a great day and good luck in your search. Best, Les
Old 10-28-2006, 12:45 PM
LVDell
Nordschleife Master

Sounds like we both misinterpreted the postings. My apologies for the coming across brash, as my coffee isn't in full flwo mode this morning

Best of luck with the sale, she's a beauty.

Cheers,
Old 10-28-2006, 12:54 PM
labcars
Addict
Rennlist Member

Thanks and no worries. Now, back to the real world!! Yikes!
Old 10-28-2006, 05:55 PM
LVDell
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by labcars
Now, back to the real world!! Yikes!
do we have to? I don't wanna go
Old 10-28-2006, 06:22 PM
D.D.
Race Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Any Pics Yet???
Old 10-28-2006, 07:48 PM
labcars
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by D.D.
Any Pics Yet???
Sorry, weather hasn't cooperated today and I'm away tomorrow. I promise pics on Monday.
Old 10-28-2006, 09:52 PM
clubrcr
Rennlist Member

Received 48 Likes on 29 Posts

I just purchased a Club Coupe. I thought about a 997 GT3, I even thought about ordering a 997S with an X51, but when I had an opportunity to buy the Club Coupe, I knew it was the right car. I view it as a GT3 car amenties.

People can say what they want to about the Club Coupe, but I, along with many other Porsche Club guys played the lotto and hope we'd have the chance to win or even buy one. I don't think the car is as rare as my US Carrera Cup or a 3.6 flatnose, but I do think they hold a small premium over the regular 997S. If you don't feel that way, that's ok.

I do however, wonder what drug the guy on EBAY is on, since he is asking $159K for one.

Good luck Les, I will keep my ears open and listen for any interested buyers.

By the way, next time I'm in Philly, I sure would like to take that CGT out for a spin!
Old 10-29-2006, 08:33 AM
labcars
Addict
Rennlist Member

Jim, I agree with everything you said, especially about the guy on Ebay. You're more than welcome to Philly anytime to give the CGT a whirl. Do I get reciprocal privileges in Jacksonville???????
Old 10-29-2006, 10:33 AM
clubrcr
Rennlist Member

Received 48 Likes on 29 Posts

Of course, but I think I am coming out on the better end, unless it's winter time in Philly.

I went to The Wharton School and found the winter to be brutal at times..... compared to FL!
Old 10-29-2006, 10:50 AM
labcars
Addict
Rennlist Member

Jim, it is getting pretty darn cold!! The CGT still comes out so long as the roads are dry. Besides, driving any pcar other than your own is always a good deal!! LoL. Got flight details yet???
Old 10-29-2006, 04:27 PM
labcars
Addict
Rennlist Member

Hey guys, the Club Coupe is going to another Rennlister in Vancouver. Thanks to all for their interest. Les
Old 10-29-2006, 10:57 PM
Vancouver83LTD
Nordschleife Master

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I would fgive it the 10% premium that any 20 year old special edition typically fetches.
Old 10-30-2006, 01:23 AM
Edgy01
Poseur
Rennlist Member

Received 235 Likes on 128 Posts

Suggest you advertise it in Toyko. I know this sounds a little odd,--but 13 is a very lucky number over there. Good luck.

Quick Reply: Selling my Club Coupe