Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

In-depth article on 997 and 997S

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2006, 02:11 PM
ohsixx
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

A few months ago, I stopped posting here much because of the unnecessary rudeness that is often present.

Just checking back today and can see nothing has changed.
Old 10-27-2006, 03:47 PM
clubrcr
Rennlist Member

Received 48 Likes on 29 Posts

I welcome any news "new" or "old". I don't spend my life on this forum and tend to miss several posts. If someone posts something old, then just don't respond to it.

Bottom line... these forums should be for "us" Rennlisters to learn from each other, not to flame each other.
Old 10-27-2006, 05:32 PM
billco
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

For the benefit of everyone else, let's agree to disagree, and move on.
Old 10-27-2006, 07:59 PM
H20NOO
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Good article, thanks.

That's about as comprehensive an aritcle on the 997 you'll find anywhere although much of the material is printed in several places. Nice pics and graphics too. I'd posted in the past that the dealers get a 997 sales guide that contains very detailed information about the car and has many of the same graphics used in the article. They aren't supposed to give them to customers but ask to borrow it sometime. It's a highly detailed and informative document.

FWIW, I learned a thing or two from the article and also think it may contain some inaccurate info. For example, I don't think either the 997 or 997S comes with a mechanically locking differential, even if ordered with PASM.

Another interesting point not mentioned in the article is the fact that the new 6-speed gearbox is made in Japan. Who would have thunk?

As for OC Ben, you can accept his passive aggressive and occasionally witty and entertaining antics or you can put him on ignore. With the recent passing of the original Rennlist forum cop, Ray Calvo, looks like we have Sheriff in town.

MC

Quick Reply: In-depth article on 997 and 997S