RUF and Road Trip (long post)

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2006, 11:45 AM
jhbrennan
Rennlist Member

Received 81 Likes on 73 Posts

Originally Posted by robbonds
id rather just have a turbo
Me too...but I don't and am very satisfied with the R Kompressor conversion.
Old 10-18-2006, 11:46 AM
jhbrennan
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by rdstemler
Brennan Are you with FedEx??
No - just a ground-based working stiff.
Old 10-18-2006, 01:13 PM
kush07
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jhbrennan
Even though I gave up the factory warranty on the engine, I’m satisfied with the RUF warranty and given my experience with these guys, I’m not worried at all.
What is the warranty, and how does it work if anything goes wrong? Do you have to ship your car out of state?
Old 10-18-2006, 04:09 PM
jhbrennan
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by kush07
What is the warranty, and how does it work if anything goes wrong? Do you have to ship your car out of state?
24 months 24,000 miles - As was explained to me - if there's a problem you get it diagnosed locally then RUF Auto Centre in Dallas will determine if they want to send a tech to your location to fix or have someone locally do it. I asked about any problems to date and they haven't had any. Let's hope I'm not the test case for a warranty repair.
Old 10-18-2006, 05:23 PM
jhbrennan
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by icon
what do you think of the upgrade so far?
Recovering from trip on Monday, snow yesterday so it's been in the garage since I got back. I'll try and report more over the weekend.
Old 11-05-2006, 08:50 PM
Chris from Cali
Race Car

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Great thread - this is what I've been looking for (someone w/RUF conversion). I plan on doing this in the near future (along with the Rt12 kit) and I wanted to get a real owner's opinion.

You said you lost the sport mapping - does it only do the normal or sport throttle mapping now? I would prefer to keep it feeling like "sport".

Thanks again and congrats!
Old 11-05-2006, 11:15 PM
jhbrennan
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Chris from Cali
Great thread - this is what I've been looking for (someone w/RUF conversion). I plan on doing this in the near future (along with the Rt12 kit) and I wanted to get a real owner's opinion.

You said you lost the sport mapping - does it only do the normal or sport throttle mapping now? I would prefer to keep it feeling like "sport".

Thanks again and congrats!
It feels more like normal than the ultra sensitvie Sport. If you ever switched out of Sport while driving you could feel the change at your foot. With the new ECU, the throttle is certainly sensitive enough but it doesn't have the "on/off" feel that the Sport mode gave. If you get to Dallas, the guys at RUF will be glad to let you drive Hans' car although I think his is a 3.6 and I don't think it had the Sport Chrono package.
Old 11-06-2006, 07:17 AM
Chris from Cali
Race Car

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by jhbrennan
It feels more like normal than the ultra sensitvie Sport. If you ever switched out of Sport while driving you could feel the change at your foot. With the new ECU, the throttle is certainly sensitive enough but it doesn't have the "on/off" feel that the Sport mode gave. If you get to Dallas, the guys at RUF will be glad to let you drive Hans' car although I think his is a 3.6 and I don't think it had the Sport Chrono package.
I plan on going down there with the car (I am in VA - maybe moving back to San Diego) to discuss all the options. I've spoken frequently with Hans on 6speed, so I had most of the questions answered, just no input from owners. I need to ask them if they can retain the more sensitive throttle from Sport. I prefer it - I have a gentle right foot.

Quick Reply: RUF and Road Trip (long post)