Sponsored by:

Black on Black with Deviated Red Stitching Opinions

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2006, 09:44 PM
Sunshine
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Black on Black with Deviated Red Stitching Opinions

I really like the deviated red stitching against black leather. It gives that hint of red that ties in nicely with red seat belts and red brakes. How do you think this will look on a otherwise black on black car? BTW, I tentatively placed an order today.
Old 10-10-2006, 09:57 PM
The B
Racer

I'm a huge fan of any reasonable planned deviated stiching. That should look stunning without overkill.
Old 10-10-2006, 10:13 PM
Sunshine
Burning Brakes

Thanks,
I wonder if you get deviated stitching on the additional leather add-ons when deviated stitching options are ordered.
Old 10-10-2006, 11:09 PM
Deanski
Three Wheelin'

In my opinion, it's a bit busy on top of additional red accents.

I have a black and black full leather interior and only added yellow seatbelts to match the PCCB's.

Yellow stiching is too busy in my view. Maybe a set of mats with accents.

What I DO have in the works now is the Carerra S script. I'm shooting the Cararra part yellow first, then overlay black over it, but the "3D" type outline will be yellow, the top most will be black. On the "S" it's transposed, shooting black for the outline with yellow as the dominant color.

Bottom line: YOU have to look at it and live with it. If you like it, who cares what others think.

You have the opportunity to customize your car anyway you want! I missed having wheels painted black in the centers and the seatbacks painted as well due to it went into production sooner than I thought.

Play with the Porsche 3D rendering and try all options. If after your order you want to change, do it EARLY! Also, some things can push date back on production.

Good luck and keep your salesman close in the loop!

Regards,
Deanski
Old 10-10-2006, 11:32 PM
uzj100
Burning Brakes

Received 66 Likes on 40 Posts

There have been several posts showing the deviated stitching option. But, note the deviated stiching is not on all areas--so some places will still have the white stitching. This IMHO makes it look a bit incomplete.

And at this rate, you'll be looking at an '08. Just pull the trigger and get a car
Old 10-10-2006, 11:42 PM
irish guitar
Rennlist Member

Received 36 Likes on 14 Posts

I love the deviated stitching look and wanted to get it (in red) on my car, but they wouldn't accept it as an option at the time. That was in the first quarter of 2006, so maybe things have changed now. If you do get it, be sure that it's on all areas as it would look a bit naff to be on some and not on others.
Old 10-10-2006, 11:48 PM
Sunshine
Burning Brakes

I've been playing with Germany's configurator.
Old 10-10-2006, 11:50 PM
irish guitar
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Deanski
In my opinion, it's a bit busy on top of additional red accents.

I have a black and black full leather interior and only added yellow seatbelts to match the PCCB's.

Yellow stiching is too busy in my view. Maybe a set of mats with accents.

What I DO have in the works now is the Carerra S script. I'm shooting the Cararra part yellow first, then overlay black over it, but the "3D" type outline will be yellow, the top most will be black. On the "S" it's transposed, shooting black for the outline with yellow as the dominant color.

Bottom line: YOU have to look at it and live with it. If you like it, who cares what others think.

You have the opportunity to customize your car anyway you want! I missed having wheels painted black in the centers and the seatbacks painted as well due to it went into production sooner than I thought.

Play with the Porsche 3D rendering and try all options. If after your order you want to change, do it EARLY! Also, some things can push date back on production.

Good luck and keep your salesman close in the loop!

Regards,
Deanski
Hey Deanski. I've thought about doing the Carrera script on the side of my car, too. Think it looks good. Where do you get them from?
Old 10-10-2006, 11:56 PM
Sunshine
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by irish guitar
If you do get it, be sure that it's on all areas as it would look a bit naff to be on some and not on others.
My thoughts exactly.

Red stitching looks great on a red cars. Will it look just as nice on a black car?
Old 10-11-2006, 12:04 AM
irish guitar
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Lori
My thoughts exactly.

Red stitching looks great on a red cars. Will it look just as nice on a black car?
Even better, I would think. My car is white with black leather and silver seatbelts and alum-look console, but I thought that a hint of red would have been nice, too. As it is the stitching is grey so it kind contrasts with the silver and alum in the interior that I have. It's all good!
Old 10-11-2006, 12:10 AM
Sunshine
Burning Brakes

Even better, I would think. My car is white with black leather and silver seatbelts and alum-look console, but I thought that a hint of red would have been nice, too. As it is the stitching is grey so it kind contrasts with the silver and alum in the interior that I have. It's all good!
Yes, red stitching would look great with your options. White Porsche are beautiful.
Old 10-11-2006, 12:28 AM
Deanski
Three Wheelin'

Hey Deanski. I've thought about doing the Carrera script on the side of my car, too. Think it looks good. Where do you get them from?
Ordered through my dealer's parts dept. Painting being done by myself or I'll have Nubby do it. It's a bit more unique from standard black-out type offered. It's a bit of a PITA to do, but once done correctly, it will look very sharp.

Another item of thought.... Wingbages. Look at a Ferrari 360, F430 etc and they have them on the front fender on both sides. Here's a link to a site that offers these: Porsche Wingbadges

Just another item to make it more unique!

Deanski
Old 10-11-2006, 02:01 AM
irish guitar
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Deanski
Ordered through my dealer's parts dept. Painting being done by myself or I'll have Nubby do it. It's a bit more unique from standard black-out type offered. It's a bit of a PITA to do, but once done correctly, it will look very sharp.

Another item of thought.... Wingbages. Look at a Ferrari 360, F430 etc and they have them on the front fender on both sides. Here's a link to a site that offers these: Porsche Wingbadges

Just another item to make it more unique!

Deanski
I'll check with the parts dept., thanks. As regards Wingbadges, I saw their ad in 'Total 911' a few months ago and I checked out their site. It's a great idea, but I'm concerned that in all the pictures they appear to be mounted lower down the flanks of the cars than what I think looks reasonable. Ferrari badges are higher up - about where the fuel filler is on a Porsche. That's where I think they ought to be.
Old 10-11-2006, 02:15 AM
Snoopy
Racer

Originally Posted by Lori
BTW, I tentatively placed an order today.
Woohoo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 10-11-2006, 02:32 AM
Paul523
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I love the deviated stitching look and wanted to get it (in red) on my car, but they wouldn't accept it as an option at the time. That was in the first quarter of 2006, so maybe things have changed now. If you do get it, be sure that it's on all areas as it would look a bit naff to be on some and not on others.
These couple of pics I saved (thanks to Rennteam) probably a year ago....I don't know if anything's changed in terms of factory deviated-stitching failure to match some pieces (note shift boot and e-brake handle not in red-- prob. different suppliers)

Pics are not the ideal representation as the camera flash reflection on the red stitching exaggerates the pink shade much more so than in real life. I think it would look really sharp... Lori - did your dealer say if getting dev stitching would cause much of a delay in completing production?

Btw, put your salesguy's phone # on speed dial... you also better set aside $5K - $10K for misc. add-ons to your *tentative* order-- resistance is futile
In any case, congrats.

Quick Reply: Black on Black with Deviated Red Stitching Opinions