Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Locking Beep

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2006, 01:14 PM
Deven
Pro

Received 200 Likes on 102 Posts

I know the point you are trying to make Ben, but part of the problem is that the flashing lights are opposite to many other cars. My lexus for example, flash once for lock, and twice for open. In a rush, while walking away from the car, if I forget to look at the flashing lights, or I turn my head around and miss the 1st flash, I wonder if I hit the key properly, or hit it twice (and then I need to walk back to the car and ligt the door handle to verify that it is locked). To me, when something deviates from routine, it can occationally lead to mistakes (in this case not locking the car). The remotetop has been a great mod for me.

I know you have a similar opinion on automatic lights, but again, my other cars have it on auto, so in twilight or tunnels, I may 'forget' to turn them on, and similarly when entering my home, at night, I have to manually turn them off (at least they have a waring beep that goes off when the key is removed). Not a big deal, but at least I have the option for auto headlights. I guess that is what most of us want, the option for audiple chirps, and auto headlights.

Quick Reply: Locking Beep