Sponsored by:

Z06 or 997S

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2006, 10:44 AM
mastiffdog
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by amerlemans
You'll see what they are all about when the novelty of yours wears off. Yeah, they are fun to flog I'll give you that.

As far as being purrtty? Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

I wish you nothing but fun and good luck with yours.
Thanks. In the end, it's just another car. I have owned lots of different cars over the years and hopefully there will be new ones to come.

I fully understand the product and its idiosyncrsies. None of these cars are perfect, I just enjoy them for what they are. The truth is we never really own any of them, we're just "renting" as life goes on and eventually ends...

Have a great weekend...
Old 10-07-2006, 06:12 PM
riotgear
Rennlist Member

Received 481 Likes on 211 Posts

Originally Posted by mastiffdog
Thanks. In the end, it's just another car. I have owned lots of different cars over the years and hopefully there will be new ones to come.

I fully understand the product and its idiosyncrsies. None of these cars are perfect, I just enjoy them for what they are. The truth is we never really own any of them, we're just "renting" as life goes on and eventually ends...

Have a great weekend...
Good way to look at things mastiff. Cars come and go. Even if I buy the Z06, I know I'll own another Porsche down the road.

It is amusing to me how amerlemans bashes the Vette from his experience with a base C6. I am weighing the performance attributes of the Z06 compared to the idiosyncracies. I would not even consider the base C6.

If I was to go from my sole experiencing owning a 911, I would have a lot of bad things to say too. There are a number of people on this board who had their engines replaced by Porsche and some who had to go to court. However, I know that Porsche's are built well and most owners have little problems.
Old 10-07-2006, 06:25 PM
amerlemans
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by riotgear
Good way to look at things mastiff. Cars come and go. Even if I buy the Z06, I know I'll own another Porsche down the road.

It is amusing to me how amerlemans bashes the Vette from his experience with a base C6. I am weighing the performance attributes of the Z06 compared to the idiosyncracies. I would not even consider the base C6.

If I was to go from my sole experiencing owning a 911, I would have a lot of bad things to say too. There are a number of people on this board who had their engines replaced by Porsche and some who had to go to court. However, I know that Porsche's are built well and most owners have little problems.

Have you ever owned a Vette? I have, and won't own one again. Not coming from just one experience but from being around many many of them. They are junk...end of story.
Old 10-07-2006, 10:31 PM
LA Brit
Racer

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

You had a bad car from the sounds of things, many Vette owners have had no problems with their cars.

Your attitude is pathetic, you sound no better than a 8 year old girl bitching. I'm glad you like your Porsche, but you need to get off the high horse - all cars have their problems.
Old 10-07-2006, 11:12 PM
amerlemans
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by LA Brit
You had a bad car from the sounds of things, many Vette owners have had no problems with their cars.

Your attitude is pathetic, you sound no better than a 8 year old girl bitching. I'm glad you like your Porsche, but you need to get off the high horse - all cars have their problems.

Apparently you haven't talked to too many. There are a ton of them out there. How many do you think have the flying roof **** happening? I'll tell you....there are THOUSANDS.

I'm on no high horse. I owned two GM trucks and they were flawless. I'm not downing GM by any means. I'm just saying the Vettes are having their share of problems.

You are not getting off on too good a foot for someone with 11 posts. I'll give you a pass for now but, trust me, if you want to make personal attacks, I'm warning you up front, think twice about it.
Old 10-07-2006, 11:55 PM
mastiffdog
Burning Brakes

Now c'mon guys, let's be nice here. Group hug?

It's about the cars, not about the owners. Amerlemans has an opinion, and that is welcome and he is entitled to it. His opinion is strong and has an edge to it. He hates the Z06 Corvette and thinks its junk, but he has not attacked anyone personally. But for every owner who may share his opinion of the Z06, there are many folks who really enjoy owning the car and driving it.

I am here to listen to opinions, for better or for worse. Some I agree with, some I disagree with, but just because Amerlemans has an opinion about a certain car I disagree with doesn't mean I judge him as a person.

Remember, it's the car - not the person.
Old 10-08-2006, 12:34 AM
Eggplant Cab
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by LA Brit

My 8 yr old daughter takes offense to that statement.

It must be said that every car maker occasionally come up with lemons. I remember when one of my friends bought a maserati coupe because I had one. Mine spent a total of 2 weeks in the shop for maintenance and repair over 3 years. His is in and out of the shop every 3 months.

I really liked the power and grip of the Z06. Is it as in tune steering and chasis feel wise as the 997? No. However, it is more than competent enough to go really fast. Who cares if there's a rattle somewhere in the car when you are drifting out of a power slide at full throttle, pulling 1.1g?
Old 10-08-2006, 12:56 AM
LA Brit
Racer

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Apparently you haven't talked to too many. There are a ton of them out there. How many do you think have the flying roof **** happening? I'll tell you....there are THOUSANDS.

I'm on no high horse. I owned two GM trucks and they were flawless. I'm not downing GM by any means. I'm just saying the Vettes are having their share of problems.

You are not getting off on too good a foot for someone with 11 posts. I'll give you a pass for now but, trust me, if you want to make personal attacks, I'm warning you up front, think twice about it.

Sure thing tough guy

I have been on many forums for almost 5 years and know more than enough about cars, i have been present on corvetteforum.com and z06vette.com for over a year and have been watching the issues. DBS, tranny problems, the roof issue etc. They totally changed the entire car from the previous gen, of course there are going to be problems. You seem unhappy with the purchase and experience you had, that's fine.

You are blasting the z06 however, what exactly is your experience as an owner of a z06? Reading from your posts you didn't even have one, it's unjust criticism IMO, especially when you consider the types that do actually go on a web forum once they own a car; many people go on to learn from others, do mods, show their vehicle and discuss problems. Many owners of high-end vehicles never bother to go on a forum and could care less.

Now i am not a vette fanboy by any means, i simply appreciate the immense performance of the car for the price. I have on the other hand been a huge Porsche fanboy since i was 3 years old and had a red 964 model car that i used to take everywhere with me. I love Porsche and always will, but i wont ever knock them even though they have had huge issues with seals on 996's, the shoddy build quality of the 996 interior etc, it is simply a growing pain when taking a new direction.

Chill out, don't make stupid e-threats on a web forum and try not to knock cars simply because of your experience, it isn't a productive excersise, i would know - i have had certain experiences in my life and thank god i haven't let them alter my perception in a negative manner.

No more fighting, certainly no e-threats, let's just be here to learn, discuss politely and relax!

Last edited by LA Brit; 10-08-2006 at 01:19 AM.
Old 10-08-2006, 10:37 AM
amerlemans
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by mastiffdog
Now c'mon guys, let's be nice here. Group hug?

It's about the cars, not about the owners. Amerlemans has an opinion, and that is welcome and he is entitled to it. His opinion is strong and has an edge to it. He hates the Z06 Corvette and thinks its junk, but he has not attacked anyone personally. But for every owner who may share his opinion of the Z06, there are many folks who really enjoy owning the car and driving it.

I am here to listen to opinions, for better or for worse. Some I agree with, some I disagree with, but just because Amerlemans has an opinion about a certain car I disagree with doesn't mean I judge him as a person.

Remember, it's the car - not the person.
Mastiff - please note I don't think I ever said that I hate the Z06. It just isn't my cup of tea. I DO NOT deny the phenominal performance numbers. How could I? Granted, I (along with many documented others) had trouble with my REGULAR C6. I have only ridden in the Z06. I can only go by what I have READ about the Z06 in terms of problems. Perhaps I shouldn't lump the C6Z in with the C6 in terms of quality. Who knows?

I thank you for the comments about personal attacks. From reading many of your previous posts, I can tell you are a stand up guy and are a considerate level headed person. Granted, I have not been on this site as long as many on here but one thing is certain I do not make personal insults (i.e. bitching like an 8 year old girl). FWIW, my comment to the person that made that remark was not a personal threat it was just a warning that personal attacks get you thrown off of forums like this.

Happy motoring to all ----- whether it be a P car, Vette, Lambo, Bimmer, Viper whatever.
Old 10-08-2006, 04:53 PM
gravedgr
Rennlist Member

Received 423 Likes on 217 Posts

I'll give you a pass for now but, trust me, if you want to make personal attacks, I'm warning you up front, think twice about it.
I tried to pass this up. I really did.

Amerlemans, in response to your statement (above) I have to ask you, "Or what?" Every time I see someone say, "Don't do X or you'll be sorry." in an electronic format (web, online game, etc.) I just have to wonder what you think you could do.

Just curious.
Old 10-08-2006, 05:00 PM
amerlemans
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by gravedgr
I tried to pass this up. I really did.

Amerlemans, in response to your statement (above) I have to ask you, "Or what?" Every time I see someone say, "Don't do X or you'll be sorry." in an electronic format (web, online game, etc.) I just have to wonder what you think you could do.

Just curious.

See previous post and don't waste my time. Nevermind, I'll do it for you.......
(this is copied from just two posts ago) My god man, can you NOT READ???

"FWIW, my comment to the person that made that remark was not a personal threat it was just a warning that personal attacks get you thrown off of forums like this."

You must not have tried hard enough. All it took was a little bit of reading comprehension and you could have "passed" on saying anything.

Last edited by amerlemans; 10-08-2006 at 05:25 PM.
Old 10-08-2006, 05:20 PM
fast1
Race Car

Received 221 Likes on 146 Posts

I agree that the problem with the top is fairly common, but let's face it, it's not a big deal. Moreover, lots of C6s have glass tops and it doesn't affect them.

I've owned Vettes and I've owned 911s and both are fine sports cars. There was a big quality differance between the first Vette I bought in 1970 and the first 911 I bought in '73, but beginning with the C5 the Vette now has decent quality, although still not up to Porsche standards. This shouldn't be too surprising given the price differance.
Old 10-08-2006, 08:48 PM
mdrums
Race Director

Received 180 Likes on 127 Posts

Wow, you all still argueing about Vette vs Porsche huh? This has been going on for ages and ages.

I have owned a 87-92-94-99 Vette. And I have owned a 01 Boxster S and now own a 06 C2S. I have really liked all of these cars and have had lots of fun in all of them. The only cars that had problems were the 87 Vette with the Doug Nash 4+3 tranny but that got fixed and was great and the 94 kept getting warped rotor but that got fixed too. All have been fast and reliable. I'd own anohter Vette in a minute and currently love the Porsche I own.
Old 10-09-2006, 12:11 PM
gravedgr
Rennlist Member

Received 423 Likes on 217 Posts

See previous post and don't waste my time. Nevermind, I'll do it for you.......
(this is copied from just two posts ago) My god man, can you NOT READ???

"FWIW, my comment to the person that made that remark was not a personal threat it was just a warning that personal attacks get you thrown off of forums like this."

You must not have tried hard enough. All it took was a little bit of reading comprehension and you could have "passed" on saying anything.
Ahhh, gotcha. Sorry, but I just skim most of your posts and see "blah, blah, blah, bitch, bitch, bitch, vette sucks, blah, blah, blah". Too much griping for me to really pay attention, so thanks for the summary!
Old 10-09-2006, 02:37 PM
amerlemans
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by gravedgr
Ahhh, gotcha. Sorry, but I just skim most of your posts and see "blah, blah, blah, bitch, bitch, bitch, vette sucks, blah, blah, blah". Too much griping for me to really pay attention, so thanks for the summary!
Don't mention it, please!!

Funny this is that I feel the same about your posts. Just suckling on the Vette *****

Quick Reply: Z06 or 997S