Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Revo, Fabspeed and Evo V-flow

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2006, 12:00 PM
golfman
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

"2 tenth gain ... usually to get that, you need close to 100hp. whether it is worth it or not. it's the buyers' call."

My understanding is for every 10 hp or 100 pounds you lose off the curb weight you can see roughly 1 tenth gain in the 1/4 mile. The reworking of the oil in the car I guess the dry sump system I am not familair with that part of the package . I was looking at the package from a hp and 0-60 as well as 1/4 mile times.

If you could get close to the same results with the bolt on mods it is a no brainer in comparison. Just my 2 cents on the subject
Old 10-02-2006, 02:05 PM
clubrcr
Rennlist Member

Received 48 Likes on 29 Posts

The X51 also has a simple air box difference, and added with the aero kit could make a wider spread on bhp to the regular "S" that isn't published.

The X51's box has two air inlets. I didn't think much of this until I read in one of the reviews about how the bhp is obtained. The article I read, said Porsche put these motors on a dyno and does not force the same air as if the car was moving at speed. The writer went on to say that the X51 motor is mostly likely conservative in it's bhp claim because of the forced air induction at speed with two funnels. That air might add another 10-20 bhp.

I don't know if it's true, but it makes sense.
Old 10-02-2006, 02:20 PM
allegretto
Nordschleife Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you wnat to be NO DOUBT faster, go supercharger. Very very fast!
Old 10-02-2006, 05:39 PM
cvazquez
Three Wheelin'

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Nothing has been proven to work to get additional HP from the P-car with the exception of turbo/supercharging, and x51 (extremely expensive). Most are paying to gain HP, but the results are intangible (exhaust, chip, and intake mods) along do not work.

Our P-car engine is basically just a large air pump, and you want it to breathe efficiently, but you also want it to take in more fuel and advance timing or with large throttle body larger fuel injectors, fuel pump, mapping, etc. One example of a good internal mod is, the more lift your cam has, the more fuel/air mixture gets in your engine. Beware, not all internal/external mods are created equal; do not throw your money away on bolt-on mods that will do nothing for your P-car. These mods will make your engine bay look and sound good, but will not provide noticeable HP.

Someone will eventually figure this formula out and hopefully share it with the rest of us. If you want HP the only proven method is turbo, supercharging, and X51. Anything else is a waste of money unless you can proof that it works.
Old 10-02-2006, 07:29 PM
golfman
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Someone will eventually figure this formula out and hopefully share it with the rest of us. If you want HP the only proven method is turbo, supercharging, and X51. Anything else is a waste of money unless you can proof that it works.
I have done these similiar mods on all the corvettes I have owned. They all have made a difference on a dyno and at the track. The dyno numbers are not that huge but at the track on a 1/4 mile run I have cut off 3 tenths of a second. That particular car had tuning, xpipe, exhaust and air intake. The problem I see with these mods is that the car like the corvette needs to adjust the fuel curve for more air. That is why I think you can't see any improvement with just exhaust and air intake. The corvettes are supposed to relearn there fuel curve if you disconnect the battery for over an hour and then drive the car for at least 50 miles to do the relearn. Not sure if the P-car is similiar to this or not. I personally never thought this worked to relearn the fuel curve on the corvette so I had a tuner do a program for the car after I did the mods and it was a marked improvement. The vette I am refering to was a 2003 Z06 and I did do before and after tests at the track. If I do decide to do these mods I will track test the car and post the results.

One more thought maybe the problem is the Mass Air Flow Sensor itself. Maybe it wont allow for larger volume of air.

Quick Reply: Revo, Fabspeed and Evo V-flow