Sponsored by:

Valentine One Install Question

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2006, 07:59 PM
Jeff911S
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Valentine One Install Question

Im sure that its been asked and answered before, but is there an easy hardwire install for the V1 that would allow occaisional mounting high on the windshield, has anybody tried this as of yet, and is there a way of wiring into the dome light with a small 2-3 inck dangling wire, to power up the unit. The unit would be on suction cups, say 2 inches to the left of the rear view mirror when used. Lastly has anyone done this on the dash, and if so how has your detection/reception been with the different placements?
Old 09-27-2006, 08:05 PM
Edgy01
Poseur
Rennlist Member

Received 235 Likes on 128 Posts

This topic has been covered extensively. Suggest a search as there are excellent photos and a step by step process included.

You may also want to consider their 'covert' display installation method which would place the antenna unit in your stop (sic) 'selected location' but have the remote for it down in the console.

Last edited by Edgy01; 09-27-2006 at 08:56 PM.
Old 09-27-2006, 08:53 PM
Jeff911S
Intermediate

where's the stop?
Old 09-27-2006, 10:29 PM
jcnesq
Miserable Old Bastard
Rennlist Member

Received 222 Likes on 122 Posts

Do a search - there is a thread here in the 997 forum will a full DIY install guide, lots of pics, to wire into the dome light. I'm going to do it, just haven't had time.
Old 09-27-2006, 10:33 PM
SKYSTAK
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

take it to custom sounds in your city. 80 bucks they wire right nto you dome light, leave you the two inch wire to plug it in up high and unplug when you want it out. You save the other twisty cord for use in other cars. It works great and when out the cord just sits behind the mirror out of sight. If you can't find it pm me and i'll send you pics of what it looks like.
Old 09-27-2006, 11:15 PM
Bob in NY
Drifting

Received 106 Likes on 47 Posts
Default V1 Direct Wire

I have mine mounted to the visor by reversing the bracket and have it hard wired to the fuse box. It works like a charm.
Attached Images   
Old 10-19-2006, 10:48 PM
ngregson
Intermediate

I just got a Valentine One and am debating how to install it - I know there are a couple of options and tons of threads on that. My question is do you guys remove the unit every time you park it in public to prevent smash and grab temptation?
Old 10-19-2006, 10:52 PM
adfsouth
Rennlist Member

Mine's wired to the fuse box as well...$45 bucks at local car stereo & tint shop.
Old 10-19-2006, 10:59 PM
Bob in NY
Drifting

Received 106 Likes on 47 Posts

I rarely take it out or hide it since I don't leave the car unattended that long. If you leave the car for long periods in public places I would put it in the glove box to be safe
Old 10-20-2006, 01:29 AM
Pete Lech
Addict
Rennlist
Lifetime Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by ngregson
I just got a Valentine One and am debating how to install it - I know there are a couple of options and tons of threads on that. My question is do you guys remove the unit every time you park it in public to prevent smash and grab temptation?
Most times I leave it in the hard-wired above-dash location. It folds up when using a sun shield. If I were worried about smash and grab, I wouldn't park there in the first place.
Old 10-20-2006, 08:20 PM
TomFromCT
Instructor

I installed my Passport 8500 per the directions on this board. Took about 30 minutes. It is mounted with the standard suction cups just to the left of the rear view mirror. It is actually quite hard to see from the outside, except for a thief, of course.
Old 10-20-2006, 10:22 PM
ngregson
Intermediate

Quick question about the fuse box install. I am electrically illiterate but it looks pretty simple and I have one question. Regarding the V1 direct wire power adaptor, the live wire has a connector on the end which is supposed to fit on the plastic connector which splices into a switched wire in the car. If I am just connecting the V1 live wire to the fuse box, I assume I cut the connector off and attach he bare wire to the spare unused fuse (eg. rear wiper) and wedge it back in the fuse box?
Old 10-21-2006, 09:53 AM
Texas993
Race Car

Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by ngregson
Quick question about the fuse box install. I am electrically illiterate but it looks pretty simple and I have one question. Regarding the V1 direct wire power adaptor, the live wire has a connector on the end which is supposed to fit on the plastic connector which splices into a switched wire in the car. If I am just connecting the V1 live wire to the fuse box, I assume I cut the connector off and attach he bare wire to the spare unused fuse (eg. rear wiper) and wedge it back in the fuse box?
Yes.
Old 10-21-2006, 12:10 PM
clubrcr
Rennlist Member

Received 48 Likes on 29 Posts

Originally Posted by Pete Lech
If I were worried about smash and grab, I wouldn't park there in the first place.
My wife was at the public park, very nice section of town, mid afternoon. Cars were in plain sight. When they returned to the parking lot several cars had windows broken out and contents stolen.

The cars that were broken into had purses, CDs, etc. in plain sight. Kudos for my wife, as she knows better than to temp someone to steal. Her car was the only one, out of 5, that wasn't broken into.

Sometimes, it really is better to be safe than sorry.

By the way, they were only at the park for less than an hour.
Old 10-21-2006, 12:54 PM
ohsixx
Burning Brakes

Quick Reply: Valentine One Install Question