Sponsored by:

997 more comfortable than Cayenne

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2006, 01:24 PM
ChipAZ
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 997 more comfortable than Cayenne

I've noticed that after spending all day in my 997 it doesn't phase my out of whack back. That's not true with my Cayenne. My back just kills me the next day. I would think it would be the other way around.

It just really amazes me comfortable this 997 is once you get in it. I have the power seats.
Old 09-27-2006, 01:44 PM
PDQ PDK CAYMAN S
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just drove a Cayenne for 5 days and liked it very much. I too have a bad back and the lumbar support was good but not enough. In my 997 I have manual seats and have put foam behind to give me a good deal of support and I can drive it for hours on end with no problems. Yes it is a real comfortable car. I am also pleased that I did not get the sport seats because of getting in and out and now I hear that the seat belts are rubbing the leather. On the track the standard seat is good.
Old 09-27-2006, 02:28 PM
dstrimbu
Burning Brakes

The standard seats are very good, in my opinion. What I have found is that I need to remove my wallet from my pocket to prevent numb butt syndrome. I'm not overly large (195 lb, 5'11", 35 waist), but the side bolsters are tight. Wallet out of pocket - good; wallet in pocket - nicht gut.

-don
Old 09-28-2006, 01:24 AM
STATMAN
Rennlist Member

Different driving positions--low slung and more reclined feeling in the 997 with sport seats and more upright in the Cayenne. I do like the feel of both seats and my wife prefers the comfort of the seats in both P--cars over her Benz!
Old 09-28-2006, 01:29 AM
kauai_diver
Straight to Video
Rennlist Member

Standard seats in my 997s are very comfortable. Only drawback is if your a big person with broad shoulders.
Old 09-28-2006, 01:45 AM
JohnnyBahamas
Race Car

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

This Cayenne ****, I mean... tt s, that I've blundered into has a more form fitting set of seats than the Cayenne S that I put 10k miles on. Point, it's a closer call between the 997's standard seats and the Cayenne tt s than it is between the Cayenne S standard seats. I'll check the sticker to see if the tt s seats are some kind of option seat.

In the end though, the 997's seats do win.

Psych!, completely out of left field... have any of you 997 C4 / C4S people noticed that the PASM Sport setting feels really good and not too stiff on the 4/4S where the same PASM Sport setting felt too stiff for any thing but a race track surface in the C2 / C2S?

Clearly it could just be me, but, seriously the C4S in PASM Sport setting is PERFECT on the twisties. I would say that the PASM Sport setting on the C4S brings the steering alive that one more notch to make it as light and communicative as the C2 / C2S in regular mode.

Quick Reply: 997 more comfortable than Cayenne