Sponsored by:

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ME!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2006, 07:57 PM
SilverSteel
Three Wheelin'

Received 258 Likes on 142 Posts
Default HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ME!!!!

It's my birthday. I've been traveling a good part of the week and awoke to my wife urging me to get out of bed--someone was waiting for me outside! Uh, that could be interesting. Maybe she's finally taken to the idea of several (okay, maybe two) women to have a party. I put my shorts on and an old t-shirt and head towards the garage. Well, I notice the kids aren't up and my mom who spent the weekend isn't visible either. Then I hear my son moaning. I pick him up and bring him to the living room and lie him on the couch. I put some cartoons on and continue my trek to the garage. I open the door to the garage and there sits a brand new Ferrari 430. Wholly sht!!! My wife's signing some papers with the delivery guy while she smiles ear to ear. Well, I know she didn't buy it so she must have rented this beast for the weekend or something--I hope. She turns and wishes me a happy birthday and says it's yours for the weekend. She wants me to get it out of my system since I've been pinning for another car.

I say great--let's go for a ride. I drove this thing all over town and on the highway. I can't believe the power this monster hides beneath the rear glass bonnett--485 bhp. I get looks in my Porsche, but guys walk away from their wives, boyfriends turn away from their hotties, little boys point and stare, women (appear) to get hot when they see this 430. I've never seen this response to a car. What shocked me more than anything was the car's ability to make 10 year olds out of grown men in an instant. I had people running up to the car taking pictures with their phones. A valet ran from the hotel he was working at across the street and was attempting to take a photo as I drove onto a main road. Instead, I pulled over and he snapped several pics then bowed and waved. I was happy to acommodate him. I can't count how many times people gave me the thumbs up or waved. My wife felt like a celebrity.

What's really funny is I met my brother after lunch so he could see and drive the car and he was very apprehensive at first, but I insisted since he'll never have the opportunity to drive such a car. He finally relented and took his 9yr old for a ride. He was laughing and smiling as he returned. I enjoyed him driving it more than he did. Making others feel that good is a drug! Well, a lady came up and asked if I was a sports player (I'm a big guy). My brother's wife said "no, they rented it!". Ooops! There goes the party. Let's get out of here before anyone else finds out.

Onto the car. Powerful, nimble, spacious, and phenomenally great looking. Now, the sound: like nothing you've ever heard in your life. I like it better than a hot chick having an orgsm (when I was younger, anyway). The sound is absolutely fantastic. After a few hours I had a headache and my ears were ringing. You literally have to take a break from the car since it's just so damn loud. How does it compare to the Porsche? Significantly faster than my 997S, too loud for me (but it's nice, nice for a short period), steering and suspension is fantastic (better than my 997S as it doesn't even think about rolling a cm), shifting-Porsche wins hands down (P is smoother, like silk and the F is gatie and mechanically slow), shifter **** is totally bad-*** in the F. The seats look nice, but they're not that comfortable or adjustable. The stereo was ok, but the upgraded Bose is better, much better.

Summary: nice experience and a wonderful car, but my Porsche is just more comfortable, not as loud (good and bad), better shifting, stereo and cheaper maintenance. Oh, and 1/3 the price. Okay, so I won't get people running after me to take photos of the car. Good, I hate paparazi anyway.

If I were swingle and had no kids, the money to burn, I'd buy this thing in an instant and start slappin' some booty. A chick magnet like nothing I've ever seen. Another reason not to buy the car---TROUBLE will come calling!! I don't need it with my great wife and family, not to mention great P.

I'll post pics later...
Old 09-24-2006, 08:08 PM
Tioga120
Racer

Received 42 Likes on 27 Posts

Happy Birthday. Wow-Dam what a great day and experince. After you shred the tires off you can still return it! Thats wonderful...
Old 09-24-2006, 09:52 PM
Tedder Bear
Needs a Chuckle
Rennlist Member

Received 80 Likes on 33 Posts

What a great gift. I'll bet your wife enjoyed watching you as much as you enjoyed the car. HAPPY BIRTHDAY
Old 09-24-2006, 10:11 PM
cdodkin
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm forwarding your post to my wifey as I type!

Great story - and you're a lucky man

For the gift and the wife who thought of it.

Wise move to keep the latter, and pass on the former......

Chris.
Old 09-24-2006, 10:26 PM
Soulteacher
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Awesome gift!!! Great idea!!! And THANKS for the report. I definitely envy you... I think I may have finally found a reason to get married.

Oh, and HaPpY bIrThDaY!
Old 09-24-2006, 10:36 PM
Haku
Rennlist Member

Received 416 Likes on 138 Posts

Happy Birthday!
Quite review...loved reading it.
The best part of your write-up was "Making others feel that good is a drug!"
So true and how wonderful to be able to do it. Well done.
Old 09-24-2006, 10:46 PM
SilverSteel
Three Wheelin'

Received 258 Likes on 142 Posts

Thanks for all the kind comments guys. I have a wonderful wife and great kids. Life is good...
Old 09-26-2006, 04:46 PM
gravedgr
Rennlist Member

Received 423 Likes on 217 Posts

Happy (belated) Birthday! I also forwarded the story on to my wife.
Old 09-26-2006, 04:54 PM
E55AMG
Rennlist Member

Received 672 Likes on 340 Posts

no pictures of the F-car?
Old 09-26-2006, 06:02 PM
cvazquez
Three Wheelin'

Happy B-day!

Your wife is a keeper!!!!!!!!!
Old 09-26-2006, 07:12 PM
H20NOO
Rennlist Member

Does your wife have a sister?
Old 09-26-2006, 08:59 PM
Crazy Canuck
Race Director

Received 218 Likes on 108 Posts

Originally Posted by H20NOO
Does your wife have a sister?
or two?

Happy birthday man.
Old 09-26-2006, 09:32 PM
Holli82
Rennlist Member

Received 52 Likes on 23 Posts

Nope I don't believe it...any of it. NO PICS....NO FERRARI!!

I think you dreamed all of this up. Of course I could be wrong, but since there are NO PICS I think I am right.
Old 09-27-2006, 12:19 AM
Dariof
Not an Addict?
Rennlist Member

Received 24 Likes on 10 Posts

We have the same birthday.

Happy Birthday to you (and me)!!
Old 09-27-2006, 07:17 AM
gota911
Newbies Hospitality Director
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 33 Likes on 33 Posts