Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fallen Soldier...

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2006, 09:33 AM
royalpar1
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thank you for a beautiful story, on the first day of the jewish new year, perhaps we can all find peace and love on earth.
Old 09-23-2006, 09:45 AM
jcf7
Pro

Received 14 Likes on 8 Posts

thank you.
Old 09-23-2006, 11:08 AM
texas911
Race Car

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Puts things in perspective doesn't it. God bless him. God Bless the US.
Old 09-23-2006, 01:17 PM
Likemystoppie?
Banned

Excellent Post! Having served in the United States Marines, I too get very teary when I read or hear about stories such as this one. I'm very patriotic, and very very humbled by the people who have served our beloved country, and the ones who have spilled their blood to do their duty. To protect, serve, and ensure that the American way of life will continue.

Semper Fi my fallen brother. God Speed Sgt!
Old 09-23-2006, 04:00 PM
Edgy01
Poseur
Rennlist Member

Received 235 Likes on 128 Posts

Since the end of the draft we have a very small subset of the American public serving us all in this difficult war. Many times we forget that we are at war with a determined enemy, and it is the selflessness of such individuals that have kept us free to undergo our relatively safe lives and businesses.
Old 09-23-2006, 07:05 PM
Jeff911S
Intermediate

Default Thanks for reminding us all as we often forget

God Bless the troops, and bring them all home soon.
Old 09-23-2006, 07:23 PM
Baggerdude
Burning Brakes

Received 29 Likes on 15 Posts

What a brave hero. Sadly, freedom does not come without sacrifice. I pray for his family.

God bless our troops ... and God speed Sgt. Williams.
Old 09-23-2006, 07:44 PM
SrfCity
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sorry he had to make the ultimate sacrifice.
Old 09-24-2006, 03:51 AM
mdrobc1213
Rennlist Member

Received 808 Likes on 446 Posts

As one of those currently serving; I thank you for your post SilverSteel. I just flew back from a TDY in AZ (was flying even faster planes than my Porsche) and the flight attendant announced that an Army intel guy and myself were onboard and that we were both Operation Iraqi Freedom-Iraq (him) and Operation Enduring Freedom-Afghanistan (me) veterans....I just got back this past Feb 06 and had been gone since Sept 05 (missed my family and my 911 in that order!) Anyway the whole plane applauded and one guy even bought us a free beer. That Heiniken was much appreciated in today's no flying with self purchased liquid age! Anyway it was nice to see that folks care and remember and acknowledge our sacrifices. Thanks gents! I salute you all as well.
Old 09-24-2006, 05:16 PM
c2997
Cruisin'

Thanks, I guess I was a bit luckier the second time around and was recalled to Hawaii. These are the guys that make this country great.
Old 09-24-2006, 05:51 PM
SilverSteel
Three Wheelin'

Received 258 Likes on 142 Posts

Originally Posted by mdrobc1213
As one of those currently serving; I thank you for your post SilverSteel. I just flew back from a TDY in AZ (was flying even faster planes than my Porsche) and the flight attendant announced that an Army intel guy and myself were onboard and that we were both Operation Iraqi Freedom-Iraq (him) and Operation Enduring Freedom-Afghanistan (me) veterans....I just got back this past Feb 06 and had been gone since Sept 05 (missed my family and my 911 in that order!) Anyway the whole plane applauded and one guy even bought us a free beer. That Heiniken was much appreciated in today's no flying with self purchased liquid age! Anyway it was nice to see that folks care and remember and acknowledge our sacrifices. Thanks gents! I salute you all as well.
Like the flight I was on when no one could speak, we are all so grateful that words can't expresss our gratitude. We know there is incredible danger and untold sights to be seen where war is waged. No one can express how much we appreciate those who serve. All I can do is pray. I'm not entitled to all the information the President is to make critical decisions with American lives, but I have faith that we are all at risk and action is absolutely necessary. I stand behind everyone of those who serve and our President.

Thanks. It's nice to see how many people are touched by this experience as I'm sure they've had something similar or heard of this. I want you all to know that this wasn't some stupid letter on the internet I loaded, but a real life experience that I hope you all never see. If you do, it will move you like nothing else has.

Thank you for your service and I'll pray for all that serve.
Old 09-25-2006, 01:45 AM
uzj100
Burning Brakes

Received 66 Likes on 40 Posts

I, along with several others on this board I'm sure, am a vet, but I never came close to any lfie threatening duty. Great post Steel and what a nice tribute you and your fellow passengers provided.

Mere words can't express the gratitude I have for all of our brave military men and women who are giving their all for our country.
Old 09-25-2006, 02:08 AM
H20NOO
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thanks SilverSteel for your post. I share your thoughts and respect for our courageous military, willing to lay their lives on the line to protect us whether they agree with the geopolitics or not...

I also take pause to remind myself how fortunate I am, how free we are, how safe my family is, and how nothing we enjoy should be taken for granted.

Godspeed Sgt. Willams. Godspeed.

MC
Old 09-25-2006, 12:27 PM
dgwhitten
Instructor

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Many have fallen so that we may stand free.
Thanks for sharing the story. It is good to see Americans appreciate those who go in harm's way to protect all that we have.
Thanks again
Old 09-26-2006, 08:06 PM
FlyingLow
Racer

God bless them all. Recently, many people that routinely fly first class have taken on a new habit of giving up our seat in first to any military personnel that happen to be on our flight. I highly recommend it. This is nothing compared to what they do for us but one way of showing them how much we appreciate their efforts.

Quick Reply: Fallen Soldier...