Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2006, 10:47 AM
Likemystoppie?
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by icon
spoken just like a salesperson from an authorized porsche dealer
Thanks. I think....LOL

As someone stated above you can easily have the same issue from a CPO'd car as you would from a 3rd party private or a used car dealer. However, being that it would be a CPO'd car, it would be covered underwarranty due to the fact that it's a guaranteed car. You started complaining about it right away, which would have raised an eyebrow or two from a Genuine Porsche Dealership. Well, let me correct myself. A 'Really Great or Good' Porsche Dealership. The fact I work at one doesn't change the fact that even though I'm well versed at what to look for with regards to a used vehicle and inspection, I'm NO master mechanic.

End of the day, I'd rather bank my money on a reputable dealership then a 'used car lot'. Just as good too is a 3rd party private seller with lot's of great references. That speaks loudly about a persons character.
Old 09-22-2006, 11:19 AM
Dr 997
Racer

Thanks everyone for your words of wisdom. Jim, you couldn't have said it better. I completely agree with you.

Originally Posted by Cowhorn
Jimmy,
Glad you resolved the clutch problem. Here are my two cents, and I offer them with optimism and for perspective. (.01) There are lots of unethical people out there and it is impossible to avoid all of them. (.02) In your case, all you lost was some money. So you didn't score the deal of the century on this car. So what? Unless this situation has absolutely ruined you financially, after a few months' (or weeks') time this injustice will no longer matter to you as you will have moved on with new joys and disappointments in your life. It will become a distant memeory and nothing more. Hopefully now you can move on and enjoy the heck out of that awesome car. It's only money. You'll make more.

That being said, I would still pursue it legally. Maybe they will have an epiphany. Good luck.
As for the legal matter, the dealer claimed in the ad that the car was CPOed but it was obvious that it was not. They said, "well, I'm not sure, but maybe the previous owner did it." What BS! The ad also said there was full leather and multifunction steering wheel, and the car had neither. I would have overlooked these details, but in light of the other findings, I'll use this against them. If the car was truly inspected, something like this would not have been missed.

As my wife says, all this may just a moot exercise... In the end, I still have a great car that I've really enjoyed. I just hate people who take no accountability for their own actions.

Jimmy
Old 09-22-2006, 01:49 PM
Vancouver83LTD
Nordschleife Master

do you have a COPY of the ad?

Anyways, either way like I said before, now you KNOW that the clutch is right and it shouldn't give you any troubles - you basically have a broken in engine with a brand new clutch - sounds like a fair deal to me

But you have every right to be upset.
Old 09-22-2006, 02:39 PM
pl
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

so you brought a CPO car, and short after, the clutch fried, u sure dealer will do anything?
sure, dealer always do good-will repair.....

Originally Posted by Likemystoppie?
Thanks. I think....LOL

As someone stated above you can easily have the same issue from a CPO'd car as you would from a 3rd party private or a used car dealer. However, being that it would be a CPO'd car, it would be covered underwarranty due to the fact that it's a guaranteed car. You started complaining about it right away, which would have raised an eyebrow or two from a Genuine Porsche Dealership. Well, let me correct myself. A 'Really Great or Good' Porsche Dealership. The fact I work at one doesn't change the fact that even though I'm well versed at what to look for with regards to a used vehicle and inspection, I'm NO master mechanic.

End of the day, I'd rather bank my money on a reputable dealership then a 'used car lot'. Just as good too is a 3rd party private seller with lot's of great references. That speaks loudly about a persons character.

Quick Reply: A sad ending, lesson learned