Nokian WR for winter...

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2006, 11:24 AM
dstrimbu
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by P-Nuts
In my view 19's are the way to go.

I have PS2's on my Carrera S wheels for summer and the Pirelli Winters on my 19" carrera classics for winter. That way I get a different look (both great) for the summer and winter (plus the winter wheels are easier to clean). I live in southern CT and we only get 5-10 serious snow days a year, so narrow width is no issue. The Pirelli's were great last winter....good choice Don.
Thanks for the feedback, P; I agree with the dual-look concept, I'll leave my PS2s on the Sport Designs (which are no fun to clean). I really like the Carrera S 5-spokes, but I was so excited to get my car last February that I didn't feel like waiting an extra week to swap the wheels... <g> Now, I will have both. Since my winter tires will be on for about 5 months, I didn't want to go with anything less than a 295 in the rear - and the BMW is standing by for those serious snow days.

Also, having the Sport Designs off during the winter will give me plenty of time to get about 5 coats of Rejex on the entire wheel... it works wonders for rejecting brake dust.

And we're going to be putting those wheels on pretty soon from the looks of the forecast! Damn, I'm not ready for winter yet...

-don
Old 09-26-2006, 08:31 PM
P-Nuts
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by erv
Thanks Don and P-nuts for the feedback. I'll be going with the 19's and Pirelli's as well.
Don, I assume by "take-off" wheels you mean your 2nd set of wheels?
The other option to consider if you want the 19" Carrera S wheels ......last winter Porsche were offering a package of those wheels, pre-fitted with Continental winter tires (and either with TPMS fitted or without). Not 'cheap' but easy. If you have TPMS on your car, and buy new wheels without TPMS, the monitors can be fitted if they are OEM wheels, if not they 'may' be able to be fitted. I got my Carrera Classics off eBay and had the dealer fit the monitors and tires.

Good luck and happy 365 days driving !!

Quick Reply: Nokian WR for winter...