Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Check Engine Light On

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2006, 08:05 PM
THPorsche
Rennlist Member

Received 35 Likes on 24 Posts

do all Porsche dealers hooked up with Enterprise now? It's funny when they asked me if I want to upgrade to luxury class...a Grand Prix!
Old 09-23-2006, 09:48 PM
mdrums
Race Director

Received 180 Likes on 127 Posts

WOW, my Porsche dealer hooked me up with a Cayenne S during my cars re-alignment. They said I'd most likely get a Cayenne or sometimes an Audi for service calls. SWEET!
Old 09-24-2006, 12:24 PM
Bullet
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Rivan
Thanks for all the info guys!

Drop off the car at the dealership yesterday, I got a call from the service advisor this morning. He said its because the computer that monitoring the fuel cap keep telling the system the fuel cap is loose even it is proper tie on. The replacement part won't arrive at the dealership until next monday. So I am stuck with the enterprice rental for the whole weekend.

I had exactly the same problem with my 06 C2S at exactly the same time as yours. Since there really is no problem wih the engine, my dealer said it was fine for me to drive my car while we waited for the replacement sensor to arrive. It took about an hour to switch out the new replacement sensor.

Apparently this sensor monitors the pressure in the gas tank & gas line system.

Anyways, I don't see why the dealer has to keep your car for a trivial matter.

-B
Old 09-24-2006, 12:49 PM
joey c
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i just bought an 02 audi a6 avant and the check engine light went on..since it is sunday,we took the car to an autozone parts store and he checked the fault code for free..maybe you can do the same..
Old 09-27-2006, 02:16 AM
Rivan
Advanced

Originally Posted by 99firehawk
are they replacing the dmtl or the basket?
Finally got the car back today. The invoice states "on board diagnostic..., remove and install evaporative emissions canister..., charcoal filter cov" thats pretty much it.
Old 09-27-2006, 02:22 AM
Rivan
Advanced

Originally Posted by Bullet
I had exactly the same problem with my 06 C2S at exactly the same time as yours. Since there really is no problem wih the engine, my dealer said it was fine for me to drive my car while we waited for the replacement sensor to arrive. It took about an hour to switch out the new replacement sensor.

Apparently this sensor monitors the pressure in the gas tank & gas line system.

Anyways, I don't see why the dealer has to keep your car for a trivial matter.

-B
Maybe because I drop off my car late that afternoon, the service advisor told me they won't have time to look at it until the next morning. He called me the next morning which its Friday and let me know the replacement part will arrive on monday.
Old 09-28-2006, 12:20 AM
nyca
Drifting

Received 907 Likes on 504 Posts

Originally Posted by Rivan
Finally got the car back today. The invoice states "on board diagnostic..., remove and install evaporative emissions canister..., charcoal filter cov" thats pretty much it.
did you overfill the car with gasoline, top it off, a few extra "clicks"?

these evap emissions systems don't like that, the system that keeps the fuel system sealed and vents it into the intake manifold, is complicated. when you overfill the tank, some fuel can "back up" into the cannister, flooding it.

Quick Reply: Check Engine Light On