Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rector Porsche

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2006, 02:46 AM
synergy
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I purchased mine from Carlsen and go there for all of my service needs. They are fantastic. Stevens Creek have always acted a bit arrogant and not interested in my businsess when I was in the market for a 997S. One of their salespeople said that I didn't need the S version - too much car. What an idiot - maybe he said this because he couldn't get any inventory?
Old 09-06-2006, 02:54 AM
Dr 997
Racer

Those of you who are more experienced than me, what are your opinions on the south Bay Area dealers in order, in terms of sales and service? (e.g. Stevens Creek, Carlsen, Rector, MY, etc.) Thanks.

In fact, maybe we should set up a separate forum for everyone's ratings on different dealers, kind of like Epinion.com?

Jimmy
Old 09-06-2006, 03:29 AM
THPorsche
Rennlist Member

Received 35 Likes on 24 Posts

Ok, this happened before Stevens Creek moved to the new location so things could be different now. Part was ordered and was told it will be in within two weeks. So I made an appointment to bring the car in in 3 weeks just in case. When I drop the car off (8am), they gave me a Pontiac Grand Prix as a loaner and told me the car will be ready shortly after lunch. 30 mins later they called and told me they still hadn't received the part and I can come pick up the car anytime. When I picked up my car, it was parked under a damn tree collecting bird crap, tree sap and leaves.
Old 09-06-2006, 07:53 PM
DTMELM
Track Day

Originally Posted by Dr 997
Those of you who are more experienced than me, what are your opinions on the south Bay Area dealers in order, in terms of sales and service? (e.g. Stevens Creek, Carlsen, Rector, MY, etc.) Thanks.

In fact, maybe we should set up a separate forum for everyone's ratings on different dealers, kind of like Epinion.com?

Jimmy
One example (true):

Me: (To Service Rep) "I use the Rennlist forum to get information and suggestions."
SC: "What's Rennlist?"
Carlsen: "We read it too."

Rank order:
Carlsen: First
SC: Last
Everyone else: In between.

IMHO...
D.
Old 09-06-2006, 08:33 PM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,792 Likes on 2,373 Posts

sales, well sales is sales.... find someone who has good connection with a dealer and have THEM negotiate for you. faster and cheaper.

service. you need to stick to one shop. i am closest to m. stead in walnut creek. they told me i had a lonaer car. then sent me to enterprise. well if i had to drive an enterprise car, i would have just bought one and i would have the deal wrapped up faster than the 60 min. i had to wait to drive a POS. i had a "talk" with the service ppl and from then on, they made sure i have a porsche loaner every time. i am also extremely specific as to what i want them to fix and not fix (even if it's broken) and i take my sweet time checking if they have actually fixed it to my standard. after a few times, they realized that i am not a normal customer who they can push around and from then on, their service is top top notch. after the last screw up (battery disaster), they sent tech to my house to fix the battery issues.

i think all dealers are the same. they do what they can to get you out of their hairs, sad but true. however, if you showed them that you do care about your car, their attitude will change. my bmw service advisor was the same, rude before and now we are buddies. and yes, i also chew'd them out for providing loaners that are not bmw's.
Old 09-06-2006, 08:36 PM
PogueMoHone
Addict
Rennlist Member

I have been buying Porsche's for a long long time, and in my book (based upon experiences) Carlsen is the worst of all the dealers in the Bay area. However, I recognize individual experiences vary and some have more disposable income than others so maybe their sensitivity is not so great as mine.

In my case, money is hard earned, and I have little of it to waste (time either) so I go where I am, and have been treated best, and that for the past few years has been Steven's Creek.

Did I ever tell you about the ordered (for me)2001 TT that Carlsen wanted me to pay over sticker for, or the the 2003 GT2 they wanted to sell me at $50K over (when they were going at a discount), and the sales guy practically called me a liar when I told him I bought one at a discount, or the dubious service work performed on my 928. All after I had purchased about 20 cars from them over the years. Carlsen lost the formula years ago, they cater to the "sunroof" crowd.

Your experiences may vary (and hopefully they do), but through thick and thin, Steven's Creek has come through for me, again and again; and until they prove otherwise my business and recommendations stay there.

The last 9 cars have been through Steven's Creek, never had a service issue that wasn't taken care of properly. Now why would I go back so many times?

By the way I love Rennlist, but there is a much bigger world outside it, and just invoking their name does not necessarily create a special customer (or special treatment). All customers should be special.

Last edited by PogueMoHone; 09-07-2006 at 11:52 AM.
Old 09-07-2006, 01:14 AM
icon
Three Wheelin'

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Colm
they cater to the "sunroof" crowd.
colm?
i'm losing hope when i see you use that term in that manner.
jeff
Old 09-07-2006, 01:23 AM
PogueMoHone
Addict
Rennlist Member

OK

I should have said "soft shoe", or the .com poseurs.
Old 09-07-2006, 02:08 AM
FlatSix911
Nordschleife Master

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts

The short answer...forget about dealer service and go to the local independent shops.

The Bay Area is blessed with many great indy shops and no BS from the stealers ... Rectum, Colonsen & Stuck-up a Creek!
Old 09-07-2006, 02:15 AM
Stephenkng
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ted, anyone good one your recommand????
Old 09-07-2006, 02:19 AM
Vancouver83LTD
Nordschleife Master

Does anyone else worry a little for rennlist when these threads come up? I mean, I'm just a little worried that some dealership may try to sue rennlist and john if something like this ever came to their attention... just a thought.
Old 09-07-2006, 04:11 AM
Dr 997
Racer

Here are two sites where dealers are reviewed and rated. You can check out your nearby dealers or add your own comments. Unfortunately, not much has been written about the Porsche dealers.

www.dealerscene.com
www.dealerrater.com

Jimmy
Old 09-07-2006, 01:09 PM
THPorsche
Rennlist Member

Received 35 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by Vancouver83LTD
Does anyone else worry a little for rennlist when these threads come up? I mean, I'm just a little worried that some dealership may try to sue rennlist and john if something like this ever came to their attention... just a thought.
why?
Old 09-07-2006, 01:47 PM
Stephenkng
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Dr 997, your links did not help too much. Not a whole lot of rating in those sites.
Old 09-08-2006, 10:34 AM
Dr 997
Racer

Originally Posted by Stephenkng
Dr 997, your links did not help too much. Not a whole lot of rating in those sites.
I know, but I thought we all could contribute to it...

Jimmy

Quick Reply: Rector Porsche