Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

PCCB Question

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2006, 02:36 PM
H20NOO
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Over the weekend I drove my 993 with steel braided lines and Turbo brakes on a very spirited drive through the mountains with another Porsche.

Before the PCCB 997, I thought the 993 had very strong brakes with excellent pedal feel. Having driven nearly 3000 miles on PCCB's, the 993 brakes felt wooden and required significantly more pedal effort. Other than a slightly spongy pedal, I'm more impressed each day with the PCCB's. Going back to steel brakes, even very good ones, was a big dissapointment.

The 993 pedal was much stiffer. By comparison, the amount of effort required to slow the PCCB equipped car is feather light. What seems like a spongy pedal at a standstill actually provides excellent feel and unparalleled stopping power once moving. The 997 will effortlessly scrub off 30,40,50mph in seconds like no car I've ever driven short of a couple dedicated track cars.

I hope in time the price will come down and PCCB's will become the norm. They are really, really good.

MC
Old 09-05-2006, 10:43 PM
Deanski
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I agree, these PCCB's are like anchors! Stopping power is insane! Best feel I've ever delt with. I changed the Lexus SC430 brakes to Brembo's and still, the PCCB's have such a different feel and reaction.

Now, I have had a whine in the front ones for some time, dealer has looked at it and can't find the problem. Almost sounds like a hung piston as when I turn the wheel, it stops and starts. hard braking didn't clear it. Maybe not PCCB but bearing noise. Regional rep to inspect (due to cost of PCCB's).

The other thing one needs are two wheel "hangers" when changing wheels on these rotors. You DO NOT want to crack these! They cost $5K per rotor! Sure, they last long as all hell. If just driven on street, probably life of the car as some speculate.

Love the look of these as well on my black finish! That and yellow seatbelts in a black interior and you have one sharp car! Look close at my avatar, see the belts?

Regards,
Deanski

Quick Reply: PCCB Question