Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Update-Channel 8 Wants to Interview Me Regarding My Porsche/Gunpoint Incident

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2006, 01:16 AM
Chuck Jones
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You have received a lot of good suggestions from a number of folks on this forum. You need to keep your focus on the facts, not on retribution, or a desire to embarrass or demean anyone. My experience has been that media always has an editorial slant on something they want to portray. They are in the business of SELLING their stories to the public to make the public want to watch that channel or buy that particular paper. I would want to know exactly what issue or point the producer or editor wants to portray. What is the interest in this storyline? It might surprise some of the folks on this forum that maybe the producer just wants to tell the truth...what a marvelous and novel idea!! Just as there are good cops, or honest attorneys (yeah I know....) there are also good, dedicated, and ethical investigative reporters. Just make sure you've got a producer who's not trying to break it off in someone's butt over some political issue. I'd have no problem going public...but someone in this discussion thread said something about what's in your past...becasue once you become a "public figure", you're fair game...right, wrong, or indifferent. After you do the interview, watch the editorials in the paper and you'll see all sorts of folks who agree with you or disagree with you...praise you or damn you. The bit about your gun in the car and your daughter opens you to a lot of potential criticism. Just the fact you had a gun under the seat will open you to all sorts of accusations...issues about road rage and any number of non-relevant subjects. I'd steer totally away from that issue were I you. If the issue remains strictly the DMV screw up, then I'd have to ask, what does the producer want after the story is aired? Changes at DMV? Changes at the Police Department? Policy changes? What are their plans for a follow-up?There's always something behind it. I wonder how many calls you'll get from attorneys who offer to take your case.....not motivated by a sense of right/wrong...but more from the standpoint of "how much can I make...maybe enough to buy a new Porsche.?"..now THAT keeps this discussion relevant to this board. Good luck.
Old 08-30-2006, 11:37 AM
kocsis
Rennlist Member

Received 78 Likes on 31 Posts

I thought the interview was last Monday....two days ago
Old 08-30-2006, 10:00 PM
Snoopy
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Apparently, the DMV has been having some issues that Channel 8 has been looking into.

http://www.klas-tv.com/Global/story.asp?S=5308364

Quick Reply: Update-Channel 8 Wants to Interview Me Regarding My Porsche/Gunpoint Incident