Sponsored by:

Rinspeed Lowering Springs-Need Help

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2006, 08:07 PM
rzundel
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rinspeed Lowering Springs-Need Help

I have a 2006 C4s Cab and I am looking at the Rinspeed lowering spring kit. Apparently this will lower the car by 3/4 inch all around and will maintain PASM.

I am looking for anyone who has had experience with the Rinspeed lowering springs. Would like some feedback on them. I am working with Motorform USA here in Southern California. Anyone have experience with them?

Last edited by rzundel; 08-24-2006 at 12:03 AM.
Old 08-24-2006, 01:00 PM
rzundel
Instructor

I'm surprised that no one has put Rinspeed springs on their P-car?
Old 08-24-2006, 05:41 PM
H20NOO
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I just installed the Cargraphic springs which lower an "S" by about 3/4 inch. The car looks so much better and most surpringly, the ride is nearly identical to stock. In fact, I'd say it might even be a bit more compliant over small bumps and expansion joints. The springs are made to Cargraphic spec by H&R and I suspect they are a progressive type that allows them to be compliant on little bumps and still stop the big hits. Springs were $389 plus tax and shipping and install was $1100 including alignment. Pics will follow after this weekend.

MC
Old 08-24-2006, 06:12 PM
Dave I
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 36 Likes on 27 Posts

Try sending a pm to 1317wholesale on 6speedonline.com, he has a C2S with Rinspeed springs for sale...looks like he's from Socal.
Old 08-25-2006, 07:22 AM
raffi
Pro

Dave I is right, 1317wholesale has those springs it looks very nice, maybe too low. have no idea about the ride though.
i believe motorform which used to be the same guys as redline also installed those springs on his car
Old 08-27-2006, 01:14 PM
rzundel
Instructor

I saw the photo's of you car and it really turned out nice. Have you had any problems with PASM?

Originally Posted by H20NOO
I just installed the Cargraphic springs which lower an "S" by about 3/4 inch. The car looks so much better and most surpringly, the ride is nearly identical to stock. In fact, I'd say it might even be a bit more compliant over small bumps and expansion joints. The springs are made to Cargraphic spec by H&R and I suspect they are a progressive type that allows them to be compliant on little bumps and still stop the big hits. Springs were $389 plus tax and shipping and install was $1100 including alignment. Pics will follow after this weekend.

MC
Old 08-27-2006, 02:02 PM
H20NOO
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by rzundel
I saw the photo's of you car and it really turned out nice. Have you had any problems with PASM?
No problems at all. I've hit some serious bumps and dips that probably pushed the shocks to the bump stops and I've had no errors or unexpected consequences. The springs have an excellent feel and are very progressive, i.e. compliant on the small bumps but still capable of stopping the big hits without harshness. I don't normally offer cheap accolades but I will say these springs have exceeded my expectations so far.

MC

Quick Reply: Rinspeed Lowering Springs-Need Help